Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15ARR - 330S_ARR_V06

Originally posted by jarle View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I can't update the BIOS pressing FN + R. the charging led start blinking 3 times then stop and do the same. it never end to update the BIOS. Did Im did something wrong?
    Press the novo button, see if theres any options pop up on the screen
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The screen is black (no video). When I press FN + R and power bottom, charger led start blinking, keyboard lights turn on and turn off. and it doesn't finish as expected.

I'm using a USB FAT32 format, GPT, and the file posted in this forum.
      Battery is fully charged
      Last edited by jarle; 06-10-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoodjavan View Post
        BIOS
        Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15ARR
        7wcn30ww.bin
        330S_ARR_V06
        This BIOS dump is working. Thanks

Comment

I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S-15ARR (CPU:ADM ryzen 5 2500u).
          It powers on and the CPU fan works.
          However, the screen remains black and the BIOS won't start up.
          The BIOS chip says winbond 25Q64FWSIQ 1821.

I obtained the following BIN file from the Internet, which was created from LENOVO's BIOS update EXE file.
          I FLASH'd this BIN file into the BIOS using CH341A and AsProgrammer.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/154O...ew?usp=sharing

The BIOS is now up and running.
          However, as shown in the attached image, the ProductName, MTM, LENOVO SN, and UUID became INVALID.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erH...ew?usp=sharing

Perhaps because the UUID has changed, I cannot activate the reinstalled Windows 10.

The BIOS backup before FALSH is in the following file.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ibr...ew?usp=sharing

Other than this backup file, there is nothing else that shows the previous UUID, etc.
          I want to migrate the previous ProductName, MTM, LENOVO SN and UUID so that the OS can activate the license.
          Can someone please help me?

Thank you very much.

Comment

try..next time post the backup of the bios and the pictures here on the site not on another site ..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-02-2021, 01:27 AM.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Thank you again for your help.
              I have confirmed that ProductName and other information has been transferred to the file you provided.

I flashed the file you gave me to the BIOS.
              However, the screen remained black and the BIOS did not start up again.

Also, the size of the backup file I attached was 8388608, while the file you gave me was 8388048.

Is it possible that I should be able to just FALSH this?
              Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by junkfoodcafe View Post
                Thank you for your reply. Thank you again for your help.
                I have confirmed that ProductName and other information has been transferred to the file you provided.

I flashed the file you gave me to the BIOS.
                However, the screen remained black and the BIOS did not start up again.

Also, the size of the backup file I attached was 8388608, while the file you gave me was 8388048.

Is it possible that I should be able to just FALSH this?
                Please let me know.
                try..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Thank you very much.
                  Your work is perfect.
                  The BIOS is up and running and I was able to activate the OS.

Thank you very much.

I would like to learn more about BIOS information migration.
                  I would like to be able to do the migration myself.
                  I would like to be able to do it myself.
                  If it's too difficult to teach, can you tell me a site or thread that would be helpful?

This is because there are not many sites in Japanese that can help me.

Comment

Originally posted by junkfoodcafe View Post
                    Thank you very much.
                    Your work is perfect.
                    The BIOS is up and running and I was able to activate the OS.

Thank you very much.

I would like to learn more about BIOS information migration.
                    I would like to be able to do the migration myself.
                    I would like to be able to do it myself.
                    If it's too difficult to teach, can you tell me a site or thread that would be helpful?

This is because there are not many sites in Japanese that can help me.
                    you need the HxD program (you can find it for free on the internet), enter the original bios of the laptop and the bios extracted from the update on the site in the program, click on the original bios, top left "search", "find", in the top box "lenovo "(search for lenovo), in the box below it remains (text-string) and check 'all' and press ok ... The DMI information is in the region 1EE000 - 1EE22F, so the length of 230, select this region by left click on mouse and going down, then right click and copy. Now click on the bios extracted from the update and search for the same region in this bios (go directly to 1EE000), select the same region (1EE000 - 1EE22F), right click on the mouse and (paste insert). ready with DMI information. For (key windows) the same procedure but the region is 330250 - 330280 so length 40 ..

I hope this helps ..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                      you need the HxD program (you can find it for free on the internet), enter the original bios of the laptop and the bios extracted from the update on the site in the program, click on the original bios, top left "search", "find", in the top box "lenovo "(search for lenovo), in the box below it remains (text-string) and check 'all' and press ok ... The DMI information is in the region 1EE000 - 1EE22F, so the length of 230, select this region by left click on mouse and going down, then right click and copy. Now click on the bios extracted from the update and search for the same region in this bios (go directly to 1EE000), select the same region (1EE000 - 1EE22F), right click on the mouse and (paste insert). ready with DMI information. For (key windows) the same procedure but the region is 330250 - 330280 so length 40 ..

I hope this helps ..
                      THANK YOU!!!

Using the information from you post, the BIOS from post #2, and a dump of my corrupted bios; I was able to fix my Lenov 330S-15ARR. My laptop's screen would initially no longer turn on. Googling revealed that this was likely due to corrupted BIOS. I used a CH341A programmer with a 1.8V adapter board and the AsProgrammer software to write the rebuilt BIOS back to my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

I hope this helps ..

I am sorry for the delay in replying.
                        Thank you very much for your help the other day.

I have a couple of questions about what you taught me.

Does the location and length of that DMI information area vary depending on the manufacturer, brand and model?

Are the ProductName, MTM, lenovo SN, and UUID always in the DMI information?

In this case, you said to search for "lenovo" to identify the area of DMI information, but how do you identify the area of DMI information if the make, model, or model number is different?

Do I need to rewrite anything other than the DMI information?

Please let me know.

Comment

Thanks aprilbg087!
                          Tried it out works well.

Comment

BIOS
                            7wcn30ww.bin
                            330S_ARR_V06
                            Working sure!!
                            Thank you

Comment

Thanks, fully functional bios

Comment

Thanks, with explanations in this thread I was able to restore two 330s-15arr !

Comment

BIOS
                                  7wcn30ww.bin
                                  330S_ARR_V06
                                  your bios is perfect working, thanks

Comment

Hi, i got a broken 330s and flashed a clean BIOS without backing up the corrupted one. Now i have a working laptop but without Serial number and M/B model in BIOS. Is it possible to manually add them in the BIOS file and reactivate the Win10 License? I read on another forum that this can be done using LVAS64 app but the only one I found is too old and does not work with my machines. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by lextar View Post
                                      Hi, i got a broken 330s and flashed a clean BIOS without backing up the corrupted one. Now i have a working laptop but without Serial number and M/B model in BIOS. Is it possible to manually add them in the BIOS file and reactivate the Win10 License? I read on another forum that this can be done using LVAS64 app but the only one I found is too old and does not work with my machines. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
                                      Just read the whole thread, especially post #29.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        Just read the whole thread, especially post #29.
                                        I read the post, but I don't have the original BIOS DUMP, can be done?

Comment

Originally posted by lextar View Post
                                          I read the post, but I don't have the original BIOS DUMP, can be done?
                                          I hope you learned a lesson from your mistake, next time be sure you have a backup first, and then play with the bios.
                                          Now your option is to take a donor DMI block and edit the information from the stickers on your machine, including the Windows key.
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                          X