SOVOS Flip down TV SVKTV156A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOVOS Flip down TV SVKTV156A

Hi has any body got any info on this LCD TV?
    Something is dragging down the 12V power supply ,looks like a severe overload

thanks

Barry Wilkins

Re: SOVOS Flip down TV SVKTV156A

Hi Barry

With the TV disconnected from mains , carry out a continuity test from GND to the 12 V rail .

If low , the method i use for quick diagnosis , would be to diconnect source of rail , then feed in a low supply to start with , maybe a few volts from an external bench supply , obviously with TV still off .

If current draw ramps up quite considerably as you gradually start to increase supply , then check to feel which component is running very hot .

I normally cover the board with freeze spray , as it's easier to spot which component begins to heat up .

Comment

Hi it is not mains driven ,it has a 12volt power supply , as I am not much up on LCD tvs ,beginning to think it could be the back light.
      So I will take a look at that.

Barry

Comment

Hello again Barry

Have you tested TV with another power supply .

Had these types of supplies , give up under load .

Comment

I tried another 12 supply it still shut down.
          I think this has been repaired before, the capacitors on the board are normal type and have been glued down .they are far too big ! .
          Looked like a burn up under this lot,when I managed to remove this mess I could see the capcitors should have been surface mounted type ,which are much smaller.
          There was a component on the board that looked very poorly I could not determine what is was,, it measured a couple of ohms.
          I powered the board up today and it started to burn up ,what I had been looking at was a surface mounted capacitor,quite a bit of damage to the board so a bit of work to fix it.
          There are two surface
          Barry

Comment

Post some photo's. It could be helpfull.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              Post some photo's. It could be helpfull.
              Originally posted by barry wilkins View Post
              you know what.. i would like to encourage any one with less sources of equipment's to put his hand on the first PC power supply he got before or later.. they will give you enough watts of any line we need 3.3V & 5V &12V. so all in one,

Comment

Working...
              X