Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used this module before Voltage Regulator DC 4-40V To DC1.25-36V 8A 200W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone used this module before Voltage Regulator DC 4-40V To DC1.25-36V 8A 20

if the controller says there is a sensor error then it shuts off power to the heater.

so if your heater was glowing you have other issues - either wrong wiring or maybe a shorted triac.

6pin pinout:
    6pin:
    1 - black (thermocouple+)
    2 - blue (thermocouple-)
    3 - red (heater)
    4 - red (heater)
    5 - white (switch)
    6 - white (switch)
    shell - earth(yellow)

--------------------------
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stj; 07-11-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Re: Has anyone used this module before Voltage Regulator DC 4-40V To DC1.25-36V 8A 20

Originally posted by stj View Post
      if the controller says there is a sensor error then it shuts off power to the heater.

so if your heater was glowing you have other issues - either wrong wiring or maybe a shorted triac.

6pin pinout:
      6pin:
      1 - black (thermocouple+)
      2 - blue (thermocouple-)
      3 - red (heater)
      4 - red (heater)
      5 - white (switch)
      6 - white (switch)
      shell - earth(yellow)

--------------------------
      That the way you think it should work but for some reasons it does not work that way I have even tested this by turning unit on and disconnecting the optic sensor and it does the same thing
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

what optic sensor??

Comment

That on ZD-917 switching power supply board and on the transformer power supply
          There on both versions
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

The resistance of the heater dictates how much current it will draw from the applied Voltage.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Re: To control the heater element ON/OFF High Current 210A MOSFET Upgrade RAMPS

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
              I do have a question

Do I put the print heat element controller first then the voltage regulator or do I put the voltage regulator then the heat element controller which way would be better and WHY
              I have the answer to this question

It does make a different which one you put first

The voltage regulator module has to be first

The 3 D heater controller has to be second

( If you put it the other way you get a voltage increase on the power supply when the current starts going down ) <— this is not good for power supply what ever it might be

Then the 3 D heater controller had to be modified

The modification is as follows

Change the resistor for the LED incantation light from (103 ) to ( 102 )
              Change the resistor for the optic LED sensor side from ( 103 to ( 102 )
              Remove and jump the rectifier out

I have the setup working now but here is some interesting results

One

I set the voltage regulator to 4.60 amps —> from a cold start ( the voltage at the heater element is about 13 volts or maybe a little more)

Once It gets to about 30* F from the set point is starts backing down the amperage to 2.00 amps and hovers at this amperage ( the voltage at the heater element is about 9 volts more or less)

Second

With this setup it does not way over shoot the set point but it does take a little bit longer to get to the set point ( and settle down to a steady temperature)

It take about 25% more time with the battery setup versus the switching power supply setup

Which to me is not bad results I figured there would be some kind of trade off

battery power versus a switching power supply

Some more results

The heat sink for the voltage regulator module gets a little warm
              The heat sink for the 3 D heater element controller barely gets warm

The results are very good for what I am doing with this setup

Now I have to mount everything in the ZD-915 power supply board, voltage regulator module and the 3D heater element controller

Then make a modified version of the Ryobi battery pack instead of a 4 amp hour battery changing it to an 8 amp hour with 6 amp circuit breaker for each stack of batteries

The reason for wanting to do this is that I want to use the Ryobi charger for this ZD-915 battery operated Desoldiering gun / soldering iron

Because this charger charges a 4 amp hour battery in 30 minuets when it is at 25% charged

When I have all the parts mount in the case I will post it in a new post

When I do the modified Ryobi battery pack I will also post this in its own post
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-22-2018, 07:44 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

well done,, yeah shows us how you did it, as good idea this,, and show us photos. be ideal for my son this who is a lorry mechanic, ideal for when hes out on jobs,, and needs to solder.

Comment

Originally posted by promo7uk View Post
                  well done,, yeah shows us how you did it, as good idea this,, and show us photos. be ideal for my son this who is a lorry mechanic, ideal for when hes out on jobs,, and needs to solder.
                  I have this project on hold for the moment

By solving a problem that I was having with this project I solved a problem that I was having with another project that I was also was working on

That I am using the 3 D heater element controller module on both projects

I should get back to it shortly
                  Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-12-2018, 06:33 AM.
                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                  1 Dell Mother Board
                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

When I do the modified Ryobi battery pack I will also post this in its own post
                    I have run into a problem with this project that I have work out

It has to with the heat sink for the mosfets on the charging controller board that is inside the battery case will not be big enough for the add amperage

So some how I have to resolve this problem
                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-12-2018, 06:43 AM.
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update on this project I am in the process of printing the circuit board holder for the circuit boards it is taking 32 hours to print because I having all three board on the same holder

I will show some pictures when I get the circuit boards mounted

Because there is no real room for these circuit boards with the vacuum pump in the enclosure this is why I have to make a holder for them
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-09-2020, 06:40 PM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I have run into a problem with this project that I have work out

It has to with the heat sink for the mosfets on the charging controller board that is inside the battery case will not be big enough for the add amperage

So some how I have to resolve this problem
                        This problem is solved because Ryobi now makes a 9 amp battery pack version which I been using for about 2 years now with no real issues
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Now I just have not had time to devote to this project for some time and also have to resolve some other issues that have come up with mounting the circuit boards that need to be mounted

But shortly I will be back at making objects again with the 3D printer again and I will probably make the items that I need to finish this project as well
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                          X