Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there

Comment

Hello everybody

My name is John.

Comment

Hi , my name is Xen & would like to introduce myself after joining the site .

Just a bit of info , with regards to my background in electronics.

Have been repairing mainly TV & audio equipment for the last 30 years .

Hopefully i will be able to make some contributions that will help other members .

I currently run a small workshop , based in London , UK .

Thanks .

Comment

Hi!

Repairing my Dell 2007fbp and found this forum. 😁

Comment

Hello,
            I joined here to find information about my tv reperation
            Thanks

Comment

Hello, joined for all the great electronic repair knowledge on this excellent site!...

Comment

Hello Everyone! My name is Armando, I'm fairly new to all this, but I am here to soak up information. I was a personal trainer by trade but due to COVID my hobby became my only source of income.I have now built 13 custom workstations and I am maintaining 4 customers. Things like this forum are the reason I am able to eat, so I am very greatful. A year ago I knew nothing, today I'm doing component level repairs, and the best part is it doesn't feel like work.I should have switched careers to it a long time ago

Comment

Hi All, I've joined for the repair knowledge and advice on the site.

Comment

Hey everyone! Looking forward to learn some useful knowledge

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching help for replacing a hot and bad IC SY8208 on a motherboard.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello everyone! I hramluc from Philippines and a newbie in laptop repairs. This was recommended to me by some of my friends to get more info and learn new things about laptop troubleshooting and repair.

Comment

Hi to all,

my name is Kurt (not very difficult to find out from my nickname ;-) ), and I am living in Vienna/Austria.

I am here, because my sharp aquos tv is getting e real pain in the neck, so I want to get additional information (and perhaps help) to the sharp service manual.

Comment

merhaba foruma yeni üye oldum
                            fakat yorum yapamıyorum sebebi nedir acaba

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hello!
                                My name is John.
                                I am here to learn more for electronics.
                                Beginner.

Comment

Hi,
                                  I found this site when looking for capacitor information.
                                  I'm mainly interested in audio and diy audio including turntables, DACs, preamps, power amps and speakers.
                                  I appreciate the opportunity to join this forum and though I came here to seek information and advice on a specific topic I also hope that I may be able to contribute something meaningful for the benefit of others one day.

Comment

Hello there
                                    I want to do uma by editing asus x541 bios, but I'm doing flash
                                    nvidia is not disabled
                                    I will be glad if you help
                                    Thank you

Comment

Glad that I joined! Been looking for info on my t400 for weeks. Classic backlight not working. Thanks to this forum I finally found the info I was looking for. Having studied electronics 30 years ago a lot has changed.

Thanks to everyone that helps out on this forum.

Comment

Good day to you all.... My name is Scott, live in Dunedin FL and I am not well versed in your area of expertise. I can solder and use to build pc's eons ago, but I'm a noob to this. It is absolutely amazing the type of character you have to be to know what you guys know.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          I found this post while searching for technical advice to determine if my Samsung 50" plasma is worth repairing (via replacing boards). It's developed the classic horizontal black lines which even covers the menu "dialogs". I still don't know how to determine if it's a plasma panel ($$$) or just a y-buffer & y-sustain problem ($). Not a lot of concise advise on the net.
                                          As for me, I'm a total computer geek and DIY cult follower. I have certifications in the following areas: cyber security, Oracle & SQL-Server DBA, Web Dev, Network+. Well versed in Windows/Unix/Linux and programming (C#, C++, Java, Angular, Python). I love to get my hands dirty in anything electrical (electronics or house), plumbing, automotive (recently replaced a timing belt/water pump/motor mount in '17 Odyssey), HVAC, ... DIY is one of the good cults to belong to.
                                          I won't give my exact age, but I will confess once being a COBOL programmer (big financial Co.) and I have a friend who currently programs in COBOL as their primary source of income.
                                          From what I've seen from reading in this forum for only 30 minutes, I'm going to be very happy that I found it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X