This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Maurice and I'm from the mountains on North Carolina. I'm here to learn how to fish. Which means that I want to learn not just let somebody do it for me.

Comment

My name is Apoc, hi everyone. I need to change the name on my account. Let's have some fun with our electronics.

Comment

Hello,

I am from Middle TN area. I like messing around with Electronics and computers. I work in IT for a living. I am here to learn some things about Electronics, and hopefully fix some broken ones that I have.

Comment

Hi All - just someone hunting a way to troubleshoot / fix consumer electronics components ...

Comment

Hello Repair Gurus,

I have to mention that this site is AWESOME... I consider myself a Jack Of Trades, the info provided on this site can help me to add to my list of repairs.

Comment

Great forum! I love all things electronic and just want to learn more.

Comment

My name is Tim. I am a degreed engineer, working in sourcing for a large company. I am a tinkerer. The reason I joined badcaps is that I am trying to fix a Magnavox 42MF337b tv, and Google led me here. The fuse blew on the 715T2432 board and when I replaced the fuse it blew again. So now I am searching for the next steps in troubleshooting.

Comment

Hello I am not on the level of most on here so I am afraid I will have little to offer but I am a prett handy self reliant super-tall chick and I like to fix things myself when I can and I am thankful for this forum because I have access to knowledgeable people willing and wanting to be helpful!!!!! But I am a former professional basketball player so if anybody wants to talk about sports or Syracuse......my 21-0 super awesome almamater who just put the smackdown on Duke BTW!!!!!!!.....please feel free and reach out I love talking about football, basketball...sports in general!!

Comment

iv been doing electronics things for over 30 years i use this site sometimes so i thought id register

Comment

Been reading bad caps for like a month now good info and learned a lot here, so decided to sign up. I think I am really going to like it here as most seem very helpful and nice.

Comment

Ciao a tutti, sono Eligio, un utente Italiano che frequenta spesso questo sito per la vastità dei contenuti tecnici presenti...

Sono un tecnico/hobbista con discrete conoscenze a livello elettronico e mi diverto a riparare circuiti guasti: ho scoperto che acquistare parti non funzionanti su ebay e poi ripararle è un metodo che permette di acquistare buona attrezzatura a prezzi irrisori...

Questo sito, per me, è di grande aiuto, spero di poter ricambiare...

Ciao, Eligio.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Tom, a badcaps fly on the wall for many years... Guess time has come to give up the convenience of being just another anonymous information leech...
                          Old enough to remember curing my first teen heartbreaks with none too sober allnighters in the company of the Atari console, Apple II, Spectrum, Commodore... Nah, no nostalghia here - thank God for the advance of technology!
                          To tell the truth, I was not too intersted in computers or electronics beyond their entertainment value (games, music, movies and - oh God that was so lame!!! - ASCII smut ). I was lucky enough to have one of the first Macs ever sold in Europe in the same household, and that changed my attitude a bit (from DOS to GUI, that was a real shock).
                          Still, I started messing around with 'puters and electronics pretty late (built my first rig around '97).
                          I have to confess that my profound dislike for math (and anything that resembles math) has handicapped my forays into practical electronics; but as a rabid tinkerer, no matter what technology it may concern, I have managed to pick up a few things. Let's say I started out nosy enough to take broken stuff apart, find out I have no idea what the problem is, and upon reassembly discovering the doohickey suddenly works (should have bought lottery tickets instead!!), and have worked my way to where I actually am able to tell a resistor from a diode. :P
                          Locally, I am Mr. Fixitall - but thats more thanks to my mutton-headed refusal to let myself be defeated by a bunch of wires, to my leet Googling skills AND PRIMARILY!!! to the fact that there are forums/people out there like badcaps and its mods, generous enough to share their knowledge!

Enough - maybe I should simply have quoted stretch0069's introduction from the very first page of this thread:

I like tinkering with anything electronic. Mostly the hardware side. Jack of all trades, master of none.

...Yep, that pretty much covers it for me too!

Comment

My name is Miguel and I'm from Portugal. I used to repair CRT TV but now I have myself a Plasma Display Panel with an image problem and I need some help.

Comment

Hey all, Mike here. Just found the site looking up advice on swapping out 3 blow caps on my motherboard. Looks good, will be buying some

Comment

Hi...This seems like a useful forum.

I am currently having TV issues and wondering if it is worth fixing.

Will post in the appropriate forum.

Comment

Hi, I'm Avi. I have a Panasonic TV that's fubarred. I like to mod electronics and build my own circuits. Atmega328 and HC12 are my hobbies.

Comment

Hello,

I am a retired Navy electronics technician and have been frustrated by Sony in getting assistance with a problem concerning a KDL 40V3000 LCD television. Google took me here and I hope I can find an answer or two to my questions regarding my problem.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Steve, I am from Nebraska and Earned my Degree in Electronics Technology in 2005. I am currently earning a degree in Networking. I have been to this forum before when looking up information, now I decided to join. I am currently working on repairing my ASUS monitor.

Comment

hello all
                                        amin from jordan
                                        electronics technician -lcd and tv
                                        radio decoding
                                        car key programming
                                        labtops hardware and software
                                        thank you very much
                                        i will help as i can .

Comment

Hello,

this is Cosmin from Romania. I am a total beginner with electronics, entered here because I want to transform a ATX PSU to a variable PSU.

Comment

Working...
                                          X