• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930V - Sound but no image - Please help

Pic
    Attached Files

Comment

BTW. you could reset the TV with the Service remote.
      How to:
      1. Boot TV in Power Only Mode, then turn off by pressing Exit key, followed by power key on remote.
      Then he should go off and clicks.
      (Please make the room a bit darker, to see if there is anything on the screen.
      2. TV is now in Standby. Press it on by Remote. You can't hear a sound if TV is on, but you could switch the Inputs with the Service Remote i think.
      3. Then if he is on with standard boot, then take Service remote and press in-stop.
      This should reset the TV. Then if you turn it on again, it will take 3-4 Minutes to intialise. But you should see already a text, "WEBOS".
      Maybe this works to get the screen working again. Because i read, everything get's reseted (Eproms and other things)
      Last edited by TeslaMichael; 09-28-2021, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Do you have a bit of freetime? I'm asking, maybe we could test faster, by reloading site with F5 key.

Comment

I'm referring to the original poster because other ones with different defects can only make confusion in my opinion. Post detailed picture of tcon with readable serigraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
            Okay thats good. What happens if you press the Power Only button ?
            The tv should start with a white screen. And the lg logo should be bright if he is on, in power only.
            You leave the mode with the the key exit and power off. Then the tv turns off.
            Pitch black.
            I see the LG logo led glowing without desapearing, though.

BTW. you could reset the TV with the Service remote.
            How to:
            1. Boot TV in Power Only Mode, then turn off by pressing Exit key, followed by power key on remote.
            Then he should go off and clicks.
            (Please make the room a bit darker, to see if there is anything on the screen.
            2. TV is now in Standby. Press it on by Remote. You can't hear a sound if TV is on, but you could switch the Inputs with the Service Remote i think.
            3. Then if he is on with standard boot, then take Service remote and press in-stop.
            This should reset the TV. Then if you turn it on again, it will take 3-4 Minutes to intialise. But you should see already a text, "WEBOS".
            Maybe this works to get the screen working again. Because i read, everything get's reseted (Eproms and other things)
            Thank you. After step 2 i can't proceed... in-stop does nothing...

Do you have a bit of freetime? I'm asking, maybe we could test faster, by reloading site with F5 key.
            Sorry due to my small kids i am only able to get some free time some days. There are other days when i am just totally too tired to get back to the TV repair.

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            I'm referring to the original poster because other ones with different defects can only make confusion in my opinion. Post detailed picture of tcon with readable serigraphs.
            There is something interesting, btw. If i mess with the cable going from the Mainboard to the TCon board, the red led at the Mainboard loses glow. Maybe the cable is not that working good.

Yet, i am amazed how i can't see anything from the panel. It seems really dead. The only white screen i can see is a very brief white flash when i disconect and connect again the cable going from the mainboard to the TCON.

I am really considering giving up on this.
            Last edited by jexpang; 10-08-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

It is so difficult to make a pair of photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                It is so difficult to make a pair of photos?
                Ok, i dont know what they can bring new regarding the ones i have published before, but anyway: here they are, 24MP ones:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EQ...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Can you test in volt these points? 2.5v, VDD, 1.8v, Vpred, C1512, C1306, C1337, C1615, C1496

Comment

The screen flashed white, the complete screen ? I would say, panel ok, and the issue is on t-con or Mainboard. But we need to know more.
                    It sounds to me that you removed the cable from MB to T-con while the tv was running?
                    If yes, did he shut off after that flashing screen or the was TV still on ?
                    And if the the LED is off, tv is telling, there is a issue with the video output. The LED should be always on.

Comment

Working...
                    X