model:ONN 100005396 roku tv black screen no back light/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

model:ONN 100005396 roku tv black screen no back light/

hi guys i have found model:ONN 100005396 roku tv is dead just stays black screen,no back light standby is red,when press ok menu buttom it blinks i can hear the roku sound .
    I tried resetting with the remote and power and reset button no luck.
    I wonder if the backlight burn out?
    I don't have the original remote i have another roku box remote but has no power button, do i need remote power button to turn on tv?i thought when you plug it in it boots like any roku box?
    any ideas, tomorrow i'm going to measure some points on the board.
    Last edited by ivtec; 10-09-2021, 04:46 PM.

Re: model:ONN 100005396 roku tv black screen no back light/

Hi guys ; i tested this tv and i have all the voltages ok, the back light voltage is 225v, is this too high? i'm going to try open to check the leds ,maybe is what's wrong ,don't know if this is worth the effort?

Comment

Hi guys can someone help on this, i have 225v going to back light and i disconnect from back light i have 0 volts with tv on, does this means power board is bad?,i also have the 12v on T-con and power board has the 3 volts and 12v going to the main board also has sound thanks, please advise. it's my first 4k tv that i pick up from the curve that has no smashed screen, I have no 4 K tv and i'd like to repair it if i don't have to spend much money.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ivtec; 10-12-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hi guys new update on this tv ,i dismantled it and got to the back lights and there is a strip that has a couple leds bad ,did not fix it because there are no new strips for this module# and i don't want to risk money on this,if i ever come across another same module with any good led strips i will fix.

Comment

Working...
        X