Vizio E55-D0 and it has a flashing screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E55-D0 and it has a flashing screen

I have a Vizio E55-d0 and it has a flashing screen when I turn it on. I check Tco board, Main Power and everything was fine then I checked all the LED strips and found 2 bad LEDs. now I do not want to change all the strips because it is expensive for me, I just want to change these 2 bad LEDs (I know it may not be the right way but I want to try it) I just don't know what kind of LEDs should I order? Does anyone know to guide me. Thank You.
    Last edited by Megan0; 10-09-2021, 12:35 PM.

Re: Vizio E55-D0 and it has a flashing screen

You enquired about another model and it was advised to replace all the strips with new since all the LEDs have wear and will eventually fail if not replaced.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99219

If you order your strips from China on Aliexpress or Ebay, they will be about 50% less than those on Shopjimmy and they just order from the same suppliers anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      You enquired about another model and it was advised to replace all the strips with new since all the LEDs have wear and will eventually fail if not replaced.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99219

If you order your strips from China on Aliexpress or Ebay, they will be about 50% less than those on Shopjimmy and they just order from the same suppliers anyways.

You are absolutely right Neil, thank you for your response, I also read your blog that there are useful articles about repairing Tv, for this model I really want to try to change the bad SMD LEDs and If you can help me, I would appreciate. But I do not know what kind of LED is compatible 2835, 2538, 3528 or ......

Comment

I rarely do single LED replacements anymore. It's usually the crappy RCA models where you can't find new strips. I have found that for most models you can use Samsung compatible 2835 1W 3V LEDs with the wider pad negative. LGs use a reverse footprint with the wider pad positive and some LG models use 6V. I have sold off most of my excess modules.

I have a Sharp Roku 50LB coming back where I did a repair only and turned down the backlight level and it lasted almost 2 years. Ordered a new set of strips for it. Price of strips has come down in the last few years.
        Last edited by neilc6; 10-10-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
          I rarely do single LED replacements anymore. It's usually the crappy RCA models where you can't find new strips. I have found that for most models you can use Samsung compatible 2835 1W 3V LEDs with the wider pad negative. LGs use a reverse footprint with the wider pad positive and some LG models use 6V. I have sold off most of my excess modules.

I have a Sharp Roku 50LB coming back where I did a repair only and turned down the backlight level and it lasted almost 2 years. Ordered a new set of strips for it. Price of strips has come down in the last few years.
          Thank you so much neilc it was so helpful, I will try it and tell you the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan0 View Post
            Thank you so much neilc it was so helpful, I will try it and tell you the result.

Update: It works, I changed the broken SMD with new one.

Thank you @neilc6

Comment

Working...
            X