Logitech MX Master 3 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech MX Master 3 dead

I started having issues with this mouse on my laptop.

Sometimes it works something don't.

The only way when it stops to work to make it work again is to push usb dongle little upwards,probably so it can make better contact with USB port on laptop.

But from this morning it doesn't work at all.

On same USB port other wireless mouse works pretty normal.

I tried on second laptop same MX master,northing simply dead.

Now I plugged in USB dongle to one of my desktop PC which really has nice USB port and dongle doesn't move at all while trying to move it left to right,and guess what,mouse works normally.

Wtfff is going on here? 😕

Anyway I ordered same MX Master 3.

Did I make a mistake when often transferring USB dongle to other laptops and using mouse.

I guess probably such small devices are not meant to remove/install over and over again.
    Update 03/10/21
    I remember mouse fell on a floor few days back..

I've disassembled the mouse now and gesture button is not blocked,works normally.

But the mouse is simply dead,,cursor does not move but the sensor does register the move (I get green light on mouse).
    Thumb buttons sre not registed either.
    I'm sending pics so if anyone see smth suspicious please let me know.
    Is there a way to fix it?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-05-2021, 10:53 AM. Reason: Logitech

Re: MX Master 3 dead

Sounds like a loose contact or dry joint on the USB dongle.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Sounds like a loose contact or dry joint on the USB dongle.
      How to resolve that?

Comment

Inspect and resolder any cracked joints.

Comment

Inspect and resolder any cracked joints.
          I get a message that usb dongle is plugged in, so laptop detects it.
          But mouse is dead.
          Is there a chip in dongle?

Comment

Your wrote this "The only way when it stops to work to make it work again is to push usb dongle little upwards,probably so it can make better contact with USB port on laptop."

This is refering to the USB dongle?

Comment

Does the scroll work ??
              Try loosening those screw 1\2 turn or loose enough to click or remove it altogether if you dont use it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tygarbyte View Post
                Does the scroll work ??
                Try loosening those screw 1\2 turn or loose enough to click or remove it altogether if you dont use it.
                Did tried that,nothing.
                I purchased another same MX Master 3 and installed it's dongle thinking that older mouse might work with it.
                But not!!
                Wtf!!!
                I will take it to a guy who repairs PCs and pray to God the issue is within USB dongle.
                Somehow this plastic on USB dongle is a little loose.
                But I ain't sure how we are going to fix this.
                I hope mouse is okay,though it fell on the floor,I don't see anything suspicious except it could be some bad electronics issue.
                I think these errors are hard to repair.

Comment

Your wrote this "The only way when it stops to work to make it work again is to push usb dongle little upwards,probably so it can make better contact with USB port on laptop."

This is refering to the USB dongle?
                  yes.
                  But from Monday it doesn't work at all,even when slightly moving USB dongle upwards.

Comment

Re: Logitech MX Master 3 dead

I took the mouse to a local repair guy,he told me that mouse is okay,but there is a problem in USB receiver detecting the mouse,it simply won't recognize it.
                    So I want to ask you can I purchase separately USB dongle from the link below and would it work with the mouse?
                    Or each mouse needs it's own USB receiver?
                    https://iponcomp.com/shop/product/lo...ceiver/1583740

Comment

Originally posted by paparazzo79 View Post
                      I took the mouse to a local repair guy,he told me that mouse is okay,but there is a problem in USB receiver detecting the mouse,it simply won't recognize it.
                      So I want to ask you can I purchase separately USB dongle from the link below and would it work with the mouse?
                      Or each mouse needs it's own USB receiver?
                      https://iponcomp.com/shop/product/lo...ceiver/1583740
                      The receiver/unifying receiver has to be the right part number.

Have you tried updating the firmware

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360035037273
                      https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025297893
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        The receiver/unifying receiver has to be the right part number.

Have you tried updating the firmware

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360035037273
                        https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025297893
                        No sorry I didn't, just because mouse worked without an update.
                        So each receiver works just with it's own mouse,correct?
                        While trying to remove the usb receiver,metal part stayed in usb slot (pic).
                        How do I remove it now?
                        Did I make a short on USB port this way because laptop was ON,when I wanted to remove it.
                        https://ibb.co/NtxV38s
                        Last edited by paparazzo79; 10-06-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paparazzo79 View Post
                          No sorry I didn't, just because mouse worked without an update.
                          So each receiver works just with it's own mouse,correct?
                          While trying to remove the usb receiver,metal part stayed in usb slot (pic).
                          How do I remove it now?
                          Did I make a short on USB port this way because laptop was ON,when I wanted to remove it.
                          https://ibb.co/NtxV38s
                          Oh dear,so the dongle is broken.Before you even attempt to remove the rest of it from the port you should disconnect your battery, just in case that port is powered.You dont want to short the data lines with 5v or you will kill the CPU.
                          There should be a part number on the plastic part or the usb metal part of the dongle.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            Oh dear,so the dongle is broken.Before you even attempt to remove the rest of it from the port you should disconnect your battery, just in case that port is powered.You dont want to short the data lines with 5v or you will kill the CPU.
                            There should be a part number on the plastic part or the usb metal part of the dongle.
                            Took it to local repair service and guy did manage to remove metal shielding from USB port,we turned ON laptop and works okay.
                            I guess I was lucky.
                            Yes there is a part number,but what with it?
                            Logitech don't ship to Bosnia.

Comment

I did unpair the unifying reciver via special software by Logitech and then tried to pair back,nope no luck...Mouse simply won't recognize the receiver or vice versa...
                              I don't think I can now update firmware suggested by logitech but don't think that is causing the issue.
                              Weird thing is that mouse it doesn't even work over it's USB cable as regular mouse,which makes me think something bricked the mouse.

Comment

I did finally manage it to work but via BT option,but on channel 2.
                                Somehow simply it won't work on channel 1,number 1 flashes but nothing.
                                Dunno if it's possible that for some reason mouse is bricked with USB receiver on channel 1.
                                I can try once more to pair over channel 1 but rather wouldn't want to..
                                So what would be my next step.
                                This is a success to me,cuz I want to throw mouse into garbage.
                                But over USB receiver no matter whan channel I select it wouldn't pair with the reciever.

Comment

Logitech unifying receiver repair

Guys,anyway to assemble this back as it was previously (like new)?
                                  Logitech doesn't want to send replacement one.
                                  Not my fault, took it to local repair guy and he opened the receiver.
                                  Now the plastic part comes from metal housing each time I plug receiver to usb port.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Logitech unifying receiver repair

Hot glue always worked for me.

Comment

Re: Logitech unifying receiver repair

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                      Hot glue always worked for me.
                                      Don't have a heater.
                                      Can super glue help?

Comment

buy a new unify receiver, any.... It will work 100%

Comment

Working...
                                        X