No announcement yet.

SHARP LC-70UC30U starts up with RESET then turn off and blink 1 LONG 1 SHORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARP LC-70UC30U starts up with RESET then turn off and blink 1 LONG 1 SHORT

Hello guys,

I have SHARP LC-70UC30U which won't turn on and the stand by LED blinks the 1 LONG 1 SHORT error
    According to other sharp SM-s it is lamp error (I can't find SM for this model)
    And yes I checked other blink error threads on the forum about other Sharp models and still can't make it work.

If I unplug the set and hold the POWER and INPUT buttons while I'm plug it back the set fires up and shows sharp logo and after that the Android logo and turn itself off again and starts the blinking and wont turn on again except if I do the RESET procedure again.

I've already disassembled the set and tested the LED-stripes individually with LED tester and they seems working great none of them fails or dimming differently and all of them bright as the sun.

Also similar voltage on them:
    LED stripe1: 86.9V
    LED stripe2: 87.8V
    LED stripe3: 88.7V.

Interesting info that during the set was disassembled and the LCD panel wasn't connected I was able to start up the set with CHANNEL DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER combo and the LEDs turned on dimmed a little down and the set was running without turning itself off.

After this I put the set back together and I was hoping this "new" button combo will fix it but unfortunately the TV acts the same assembled and not reacting on the button combo at all. (But still can turn it on with POWER + INPUT combo and it turns off after android logo appears and starts the blinking)

Anyone any experience with this model/error?

PS: why can't I find any SM or schematics out there about this model and it's power supply module?
    Last edited by Mitike; 02-16-2020, 08:14 PM.

Re: SHARP LC-70UC30U starts up with RESET then turn off and blink 1 LONG 1 SHORT

Since Nobody reacted here is a little update:

Tried new power supply and mainboard and same symptoms.... so keep trying other modules ...

Comment

Re: SHARP LC-70UC30U starts up with RESET then turn off and blink 1 LONG 1 SHORT

well, you can try similar tests that you did with the "disconnected panel test"... do it with a combination on one cable disconnected at a time... of course, doing your same "button / power" start up to see if you get any results including different screen reactions (which may be important). Go from the result.

One other question: how did the set come to arrive at this condition...ie history?

Comment

Are you able to get the backlights to come on and stay on ling enough to be able to the ODS to turn down the backlights level (not Brightness) to may be 50% or less and see if it stay ob linger or not.
        The LED tester only puts out about 30mA instead of 300mA or more by the LED driver.
        The LED tester Voltage look suspicious, they should be real close to each others.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
          well, you can try similar tests that you did with the "disconnected panel test"... do it with a combination on one cable disconnected at a time... of course, doing your same "button / power" start up to see if you get any results including different screen reactions (which may be important). Go from the result.

One other question: how did the set come to arrive at this condition...ie history?
          I have no history .. found the set on FB Market as a fixer upper for 40$ and I thought let's give it a try since the TV originally a high end model

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
            Are you able to get the backlights to come on and stay on ling enough to be able to the ODS to turn down the backlights level (not Brightness) to may be 50% or less and see if it stay ob linger or not.
            The LED tester only puts out about 30mA instead of 300mA or more by the LED driver.
            The LED tester Voltage look suspicious, they should be real close to each others.
            I cant make it stay on long enough to bring up any kind of menu... as I originally wrote the set turn itself off after the SHARP logo. That's my main issue ... picture seems good LED seems good even after disassembly and still 1 long 1 short and it means hardware error

My tester is able to put out 350 V and 160 mA BTW

Comment

UPDATE:

So I tried to run some tests on the T-con
              It has 4 ribbon cables connected to the LCD panel I've disconnected those in every permutation but the set always ended up turns itself off and blink 1 long and 1 short on the stand by LED

The display was "rotating" in 2 states Black/White/"Actual picture" depend on what combination of the ribbons were connected/disconnected. But again after the SHARP and the android logo still turned off.

If I disconnected either the T-con from the FRC board or the FRC from the main I had the same result: backlight on then off and blinking 3 Long and Short if I counted right.
              So that didn't helped either.

Comment

Update:

New FRC board from ShopJimmy.... aaaand still nothing ... same issue

I'll swap the t-con however the picture seems to be good when the logo pops up ....

ANY advice?

Comment

Sounds like maybe a bad panel. If you have swapped all the boards and the problem still persist. However budm is also right about the backlight voltages being closer together. If not the backlights my guess is bad panel. Not uncommon for these 70 and 80” sharp panels to fail unfortunately.

Comment

You haven't done much diagnostics.
                    Can you determine if the whole TV tuns off or just backlight?
                    Can you measure voltages on power connectors while picture is on and after shutdown?

Comment

^^^ good advice on the voltages. PD-22 Error on the Power Supply may be active causing the shutdown. If so you may see the PD-14 PS_ON or PD-16 PNL_POW change states when it shuts down.

Comment

thank you guys I will try that I was off due to other projects but I still didn't give up yet
                        and I'll be back with the results

Comment

Working...
                        X