Vizio D32h-f4 will not update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D32h-f4 will not update

This smartcast tv will not update. I have tried 3 different main boards and 2 different wifi modules. I have also tried manually updating it with the latest firmware on a thumb drive. Each main board shows the current version as 3.2 and the latest version is 4.6. Nothing's working.
    It shows it's downloading, then it restarts and then all I see is a spinning circle in middle of the screen. I have let it run that way for hours and hours and that's all it will do.
    Can someone please tell me what might be the problem? I would be truly grateful. Thanks.

Re: Vizio D32h-f4 will not update

Originally posted by JunkmanJimbo View Post
    This smartcast tv will not update. I have tried 3 different main boards and 2 different wifi modules. I have also tried manually updating it with the latest firmware on a thumb drive. Each main board shows the current version as 3.2 and the latest version is 4.6. Nothing's working.
    It shows it's downloading, then it restarts and then all I see is a spinning circle in middle of the screen. I have let it run that way for hours and hours and that's all it will do.
    Can someone please tell me what might be the problem? I would be truly grateful. Thanks.
    Can anybody help me with this?

Comment

Can anybody help me with this?

Comment

I really would appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have the same problem. My Vizio D32H-F0 TV will try to update, but then reboots a couple times and eventually goes to a blank screen. Did you find a fix?

Comment

I never did find a fix for it. I finally gave up. Good luck on finding a fix.

Comment

not sure what was tried, maybe try a factory reset, then make sure you're connected to wifi correctly, run initial setup, tv should probably check for updates at that point. When you do it, try to have the tv close to the wifi signal.

Comment

if no joy maybe try the usb update again, making sure you follow the directions from their site exactly as described.

Comment

i read on another site where a few people had to find newer versions of firmware, but not the latest version. Upon installing the "intermediate" version, then tv was able to self update thereafter. But I can't find "intermediate" versions of the firmware. My tv still has the original firmware, and the latest firmware version just will not install. So, any way to locate older firmware? If I can find those files, I can update using USB drive.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    not sure what was tried, maybe try a factory reset, then make sure you're connected to wifi correctly, run initial setup, tv should probably check for updates at that point. When you do it, try to have the tv close to the wifi signal.
                    I tried but factory reset and USB. Neither worked, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X