Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 32PFL3008H/12 Remote doesnt work

Hello guys,

First post here so sorry if ill do any mistakes..

Got TV for repair, Philips 32PFL3008H/12, Main board VESTEL 17MB95S-1 170912. TV turns on, has image and everything, but there is no response to remote controll. Checked IR receiver - it gave no signal at all. Replaced IR receiver with no luck, still no response to remote, but i got proper waveform when any button is pressed. so far i tried ruling out software - flashed EEPROM / BIOS / NAND, no luck. At this point, when turned on, TV displays message "SHOP MODE", message closes, tv works as intended. It can be somewhat controlled using "button" on the side - you can select channels, adjust volume and select source, but thats it, no way to reach meny or anything else.. maybe anyone around can give any great ideas on what else i could check.. according to service manual, signal from remote goes through 100 ohms resistor straight to CPU - checked, resistor is there, its 100 ohms, got waveforms after it, but still no respone..

Re: Philips 32PFL3008H/12 Remote doesnt work

will it go into service mode to see if you can turn shop mode off ?
    https://electro-medical.blogspot.com...vice-mode.html
    Last edited by petehall347; 10-12-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Press menu button firstly. While main menu is on screen press 4725

Stuck at this step - TV does not respond to ANY of the buttons on the remote. Forgot to mention - tried with 3 remotes, all known good, two were universal ones for philips TV's, 3rd one was original, but from different TV, original remote which was for this exact tv was lost long time ago

Comment

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-f/XC0000...reen-shop-mode

Comment

Well, all of their suggestions starts with "press button on remote", which sadly, doesnt work..

Comment

i wonder if the mainboard is for a diffrent brand tv hence the remote may not work but as you have tried changing the software it should of rectified the issue as this mainboard is used in bush and toshiba etc branded tvs
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-13-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              i wonder if the mainboard is for a diffrent brand tv hence the remote may not work but as you have tried changing the software it should of rectified the issue as this mainboard is used in bush and toshiba etc branded tvs
              I tried to go for motherboard replacement, but accidentaly got wrong revision of the board (Rev 2.1 instead of Rev 1.0), so with panel connected it bootloops (even though according to seller it is for same exact TV), but oh well. Whats interesting, i tried turning it on / off with remote also, and it wasnt reacting to remote aswell. (Well, might be that it had different pinout i guess). My current question would be - is there a chance that TV is "bound" to one specific remote model so none of other remotes work?
              And also, is there anything specific about IR receiver for such tv's, or they are pretty much standart ones ?

Comment

IR receiver
                Attached Files

Comment

Have you got a all in one remote you could try the type that self scans until it finds the code for your tv

Comment

Sadly dont have such one, dont even know if it exists im my country, at least cant get one in shops which sells TV's and accesories

Comment

Working...
                    X