• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New tool to find short capacitors on motherboards : shorty with display

yes
    https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad8628.html

Comment

so your using it *with* the mcp?

Comment

I use the ad8628 in replacement of the original mcp6041 aop
        and I use a mcp3421 as an adc after the ad8628 and before the arduino.

Comment

ah - o.k.

Comment

@kripton2035
            Came to my mind, though you probably already thought on this, to include a pulse switch, easily accessed from the box exterior, to reset reading to zero.
            This would become handy whenever one's need to calibrate the probes and more often to exclude some known fixed value while probing.

Comment

this is what the big red button you can see in the videos is for ! make temporary zero, or permanent zero if you long press it is stored in the arduino eeprom.

Comment

Originally posted by kripton2035 View Post
                this is what the big red button you can see in the videos is for ! make temporary zero, or permanent zero if you long press it is stored in the arduino eeprom.
                Already wondered what that big red button was for...
                Like I said "though you probably already thought on this"

Comment

I've published the first draft of schematic and source code of the project. enjoy !
                  http://kripton2035.free.fr/Projects/shorty-display.html

Comment

thx a lot Kripton2035!!! a lot of beer for you !!!

Comment

Hi Kripton
                      I would like to build one of these. Which is the correct OLED display that I need? Can you post a link to it on Aliexpress if possible as I find it easiest to order from there.

I would be willing to buy one of your PCBs when you have some

Cheers
                      Last edited by dicky96; 03-02-2021, 10:55 AM.
                      Follow me on YouTube
                      ------------------
                      Learn Electronics Repair
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

it is a standard 0.91" oled module, in a 128x32 resolution. plenty of them on ebay or ali

there will be a button on the pcb page to buy it, but please wait 1-2 months before it's available.
                        I must first make one, buy one, receive it and test it, and then only they will be available.
                        Last edited by kripton2035; 03-02-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks Kripton

Something like this one
                          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

I may as well order the parts I don't already have here, then everything will be ready

best regards
                          Follow me on YouTube
                          ------------------
                          Learn Electronics Repair
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

those are cheap!!
                            last time i got some they cost 1.60 in 5's

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
                              Yes these are ok. anyway there are constants at the beginning of the source code to tell the resolution of the oled, easy to change it if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                those are cheap!!
                                last time i got some they cost 1.60 in 5's
                                Yes, but if you add the Shipping cost US $1.35 (max. 2 pieces) that will end up the same price.
                                Unless you buy enough pieces to cover shipping cost (Shipping US $3.58 for 3 or more pieces).
                                My opinion FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by kripton2035 View Post
                                  I've published the first draft of schematic and source code of the project. enjoy !
                                  http://kripton2035.free.fr/Projects/shorty-display.html
                                  I would also be interested in buying a couple of these boards if and when you have them available
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                  10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                                  6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                                  1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                                  25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                                  6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply
                                  1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                                  2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                                  All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

I'm making the pcb right now, then I'll have them made, then test them and if ok there will be a button to order them on the pcb tab of the web page.
                                    but I need 1-2 months before it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                                      Yes, but if you add the Shipping cost US $1.35 (max. 2 pieces) that will end up the same price.
                                      Unless you buy enough pieces to cover shipping cost (Shipping US $3.58 for 3 or more pieces).
                                      My opinion FWIW
                                      i got 10 last time.
                                      they are used on gotek floppy-simulators.

Comment

Really nice. How bad is shipping from france? It's unfortunate that shipping to the US from china approaches free, everywhere else it's a make you cry price.

Comment

it seems I will be able to ship a letter with a pcb inside for EUR 5 all around the world without tracking, and 8-9 EUR with tracking. more expensive than china of course but still reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X