Looking to find RG-58 in color and looks impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to find RG-58 in color and looks impossible

I just like to have two BNC to BNC cables (60 cm long) one with green color and one with yellow.
    So to connect my Oscilloscope with my new (dual Channel) arbitrary function generator.

It looks like that there such cables in color only at 75 Ohm (CCTV)

RG58 with colored sleeve looks impossible.

Any other ideas?

Re: Looking to find RG-58 in color and looks impossible

spray paint? Label stickers?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

You can also sleeve cables. It would depend upon whether you will be crimping the BNC connector / the connector on the other side yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
        You can also sleeve cables. It would depend upon whether you will be crimping the BNC connector / the connector on the other side yourself.
        Yes I have explore this option but I am afraid that this plastic sleeve is can be easily damaged.

Another alternative could be colored heat shrink tube, in the form of rings.
        About 20 yellow rings of 1Cm wide they can be placed every 5 Cm all along the total length of the cable.

The up come of my tests with those cables they will be pictured and presented in public, and mostly because of that I am searching for the best possible solution.

Comment

I was thinking about using heat shrink tube. If you get decent heat shrink that is designed to be 'very flexible', you would be able to sleeve the whole cable without any issues. High flex heat shrink is designed for this purpose.

I was also thinking about adhesive lined heat shrink. However it seems like it is mainly available in black..and it could potentially loose a fair bit of flexibility in the cable.

Comment

Working...
          X