Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless Card antenna

Hi guys i have a dsktop that has a similar card to this one in the link,
    it does have 2 inputs for antenna and one for cable,but it doesn't have the Antennas,signal is very low,i have to lift up the tower in order to receive signal that somewhat some times fails,only has 2 bars.
    Wlan .079 MiB sent, and 5.85 MiB received.

my question do i need to get the antenna? thanks in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA24G1726428

Re: wireless Card antenna

no, you need to get a better one. those define junk!
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

you need the antenna - and they will cost a minimum of $4 each.
      and they wont work well if the signal comes from toward the front of the pc because there is a big chunk of grounded metal in the way!

i would never buy a wifi or network card if i didnt know what chipset it used btw.
      because some are better than others and you need to know what drivers to use.
      (dont assume you will always get them from the maker of the sticker!)

Comment

Thanks guys for your input.

Comment

I've had good results with these, as the antenna can be placed away from the PC and it's metal interference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Wi...item2ed27ddb79

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            I've had good results with these, as the antenna can be placed away from the PC and it's metal interference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Wi...item2ed27ddb79
            Hi guys; new update on the PCI wireless card,i was going through my electronic scrap and found a Bufalo wireless router that i forgot about and came to my surprise it had an antenna just like this one in the pic,i took it out and atached it to the wireless card on one of those antennas input and voila i have almost 90% signal,now i thing it will not fail,
            Attached Files

Comment

what happened to the original 3?
              those cards come with a set.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                what happened to the original 3?
                those cards come with a set.
                Well this E-machine desktop intel (R) Celeron Cpu 2.93ghz 740/750 1g mem optional 2 g,and was left out in the side of the street as it is,had no antennas,it had a faulty power ,i had a working spare same power sup and it fit there,
                also it had Xp in good shape but i like better xubuntu14.04 so i erased xp now i have a good PC running,and made my wife happier since she was using an Aple old G5 that did not play videos right due lack of flash player,

Comment

Just remember this for next time in case you run into the same situation: anything is better than no antenna at all - even a simple piece of wire. So if you really are in this situation, just find a piece of wire and tie it to the middle pole. It may not give you optimal results, but it should still be much better.

Comment

On antennas , for some reason I just thought back to the days when some of us were in to short wave listening . One guy had coils of wire wrapped around cans of beer , I guess that worked .Mine was just random lenghts of wire in the air . On wireless cards , I got the alfa awus036h usb card with the 9 db antenna , it works gr8 . Amazon has them .

Comment

Working...
                    X