Xfinty TG862 wireless too weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xfinty TG862 wireless too weak?

Hi guys: today i decided to change internet from DSL 3Gbts to Xfinty 25gbts they installed a Tg862 but the wireless is weak i only can get signal in the PC closed to the router,i have 3 other wireless Pc in the other rooms and can't get good enough signal for the computers to connect to the web,
    any suggestions,my other PCs are Linux based, with wire cable all works good.

Re: Xfinty TG862 wireless too weak?

A quick Google shows you are not alone. Put their router in bridge mode and use your own router.

Comment

is that a thomson router?
      i didnt know they existed outside europe.
      i dont know that model, but previous ones have had crap antenna's with long internal cables.

Comment

Thanks guys,i called the Comcast tech and since i toll him that i had a few wireless routers in my scrap so he suggested to connect one of my routers to the Harris TG862 and voila i have my other computers with wireless running,
        but the cons is that is not secure WP,hope it will not broadcast too far!

Comment

Those things are shit.
          Get a good DOCSIS 3.0 modem and separate wireless router.

Comment

you see those?
            in europe a lot of cable company's use DOCSIS, but you rarely see any third party equipment!

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
              Those things are shit.
              Get a good DOCSIS 3.0 modem and separate wireless router.
              Thanks shovenose: but they at Comcast and the tech toll me i have to use their Main router for the Xfinty plan that i have with Phone and Internet,

Comment

Working...
              X