Pioneer VSX-D2011 won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-D2011 won't turn on

I have a VSX-D2011. Hard switch turns on the standby LED for just a couple of seconds. Sometimes longer about 2 minutes. During those time that the standby light is on I can switch on the receiver with all displays normal and relays click normally. Did diagnostics as per SM and everything passed, and suddenly turns itself off again. have to wait couple of minutes before I can get a standby light again. Suspected capacitor. Any suggestion where to look first? Primary Board? Regulator Board? or Controller. Thanks

Re: Pioneer VSX-D2011 won't turn on

check the standby power supply, cn2004 pin 3 should have +5.6 volts

Comment

check the standby power supply, cn2004 pin 3 should have +5.6 volts
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 08-29-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply RJ. I already tested all possible points where the ST+ 5.6 volts is present and they appear to be ok. All the way to the display IC3000 where the standby LED is connected to Pin 41. I was able to measure 4.98V at pin 16 as well.

Comment

You could have a cold solder joint or other poor connections somewhere, when the amp is working try poking and taping around with a insulated stick, sometimes larger connections such as regulator ic's and interconnecting plug connections give poor connections. other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have an understanding that the standby voltage is pre-regulator stage.that is why at this point I'm ruling out the Regulator Stage. Na 5.6V is present to all IC's VCC as well so a cold solder may be unlikely. Tried tapping it anyway but it didn't help. Thanks.

Comment

The standby circuit has its own regulator ic2001 that supplies ST+5.6v
              Does the main power supply stay turned on when the amp quits? (+- 15, +-24 +- 5.6 etc)
              Is the manual I uploaded the correct one?
              If the main power supply stays on then it is still getting the (ac ry) signal from the cpu

Comment

Yes, the Schematic is correct. After the power quits I can still measure normal voltages off the IC. (15 and 5.6)

Comment

Little bit of a bump of an old topic.
                  But i have an pioneer vsx d2011, which has a similar problem.
                  Receiver turns on, and then would randomly go on a 'reboot' tour. This happens random.

RJ, would you upload the schematic again? It won't open, and i think that i might find a workaround in there! All help is very appreciated!

Comment

Bump. Same issue. Old stuff bad good stuff. Anyone repaired one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wackoz View Post
                      Little bit of a bump of an old topic.
                      But i have an pioneer vsx d2011, which has a similar problem.
                      Receiver turns on, and then would randomly go on a 'reboot' tour. This happens random.

RJ, would you upload the schematic again? It won't open, and i think that i might find a workaround in there! All help is very appreciated!
                      I just downloaded the file from post #3 and it opened just fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X