Epson printer - not easy to change to fixed IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson printer - not easy to change to fixed IP address

A client of mine has an Epson WF-2530 printer with wireless networking functionality (no wired networking) which cannot have its IP address changed to a fixed value in the menus of the printer or in its web configuration page.
    It can only be changed with a downloadable network configuration tool from Epson in Europe, but it is not available from Epson in Australia.

I always assign a fixed IP address for anything which is shared via a network, such as a server, printer or storage device, since turning DHCP on can cause problems after a power outage where a new IP address is assigned and computers have to communicate with the device at its new IP address (I had a callback with another client years ago with this problem).

Epson apparently wanted to make network configuration easier, but it creates more problems than it solves , but fortunately with another client's Brother MFC, it was easy to assign a fixed IP address.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Epson printer - not easy to change to fixed IP address

Can't you set a static IP address in the DHCP of the router?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Can't you download the config tool from the Europe site?

Comment

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon.../support/11988

Comment

that's a terible site - shoot the admin!

and 45meg to change the network config?
          you really have to wonder what the hell is hidden in some software!
          given that the printer probably runs linux, does it have an open telnet or ssh port?

Comment

Working...
          X