Denon DCD-810 not spinning up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon DCD-810 not spinning up

Hi I have recently aquired a denon dcd-810 cd player the guy I got it from dropped it and damaged the cd tray it was working beforehand I have got it home and opened it up and took a look at it and got the tray mechanism working again so it loads and unloads discs but i did notice the laser wasn't lighting up upon insertion of the tray there was no activity at all from any of the motors apart from the tray motor. I have had the tray out and have tested both the spindle motor and the worm drive independantly from the board in the player and both work fine using a 5 volt supply yet it doesn't seem to be getting any power from the board for the new laser I have just fitted or either the worm drive or the spindle. Any help getting this playeer going again would be greatly appreciated many thanks

Re: Denon DCD-810 not spinning up

Have you checked any voltages to make sure they are all there? If the player was dropped I suspect it also cracked the circuit board somewhere.
    Check that you have plus and minus 5 volts, I suspect they are there because the tray is working. Check the plus and minus 10 volts as they are used for the spindle and slide motors.
    Get the service manual if you hav'nt yet
    Last edited by R_J; 08-17-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I think i've got it sussed down to a pair of bad transistors D1274 and D1913. The D1274 had come away from the board so I re soldered it and switched on and it spun briefly so it looks like i'm gonna be ordering a pair of those from ebay and as for the service manual the only one I can find is in german and my german is a bit rusty to be fair

Comment

Those transistors seem to be for the focus drive, did you put a disc in the tray? It needs to see the disc before it will spin up. The transistors are likely ok and had poor solder connections, thats why they came loose, it would be a good idea to inspect the boards for other poor solder connections

Comment

Working...
        X