Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-40LE830U Backlight Problem

Hey, all.

This TV is giving the 1 fast/1 slow flash code indicating a lamp error. So, I tore it down and tested all 4 of the LED strips and all of the LEDs light up fine. I see no dead, or dim LEDs compared to the rest. What else could be going on here?

A little back story...at one time I was able to reset the lamp error count and got the TV to turn on. I don't exactly recall what I did to do so, but I wasn't ready to tear into it at the time so I put it away in the junk/projects room and forgot about it. Fast forward about a year+ later, I had another TV(15 year old Panasonic Plasma that I've owned since new) die on me, and I doubt I'll bother trying to fix it being it's only 720p. So, I remembered about this Sharp and pulled it out. This time, trying the reset procedures I could find online and in the service manual(which is terrible), I could not get it to turn on. Not sure if something else has failed, or if I didn't do it right, or if this and the fact that the LED strips seem to be fine are pointing to another problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sharp LC-40LE830U Backlight Problem

Unplug the television.
    Press and hold the "Channel Down" and "Input" buttons on the panel.
    Plug the television back in while holding down these buttons. ...
    Keep holding the buttons until the television powers back on. ...

Comment

This one may apply: While holding down the "VOL (-)" and "CH (up)
      while plugging in til tv comes on, something like that.

Comment

From the service manual, warning chinglish!
        Attached Files

Comment

So, yeah, I was doing it wrong. The correct reset steps are;

Hold Vol- and Ch+, and while holding those, press the Power button.

The TV turned on and I've been watching it for the past few hours. I see no issues with it, but if I pull power and then plug it back in again, I have to reset it again. Simply turning the TV off and on with the power button, it's fine.

So, what are everyone's thoughts as to why it's coming up with a lamp error?

Comment

The error code needs to be cleared in service mode

Comment

Working...
            X