Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to unlock Surface Pro 5

Hey guys.
    I'm trying to unlock Surface Pro 5. Got a joblot of 2 of them. Someone already tried unlocking one, and unfortunately touch isn't working. Got it with a 2nd chip, assumed it's original, but nah, modified. Any chance for recovering it? Already installed Windows on it and works fine, except of touch and being unable to install Surface updates manually (windows says incorrect machine and not letting to update), no faults in device manager.

2nd one, untouched, I'm trying to unlock using your advices. Tried modifying bit at 0x00600045, tried removing all after that, tried too at other point (0x00606... something), to no avail.
    Tested meanwhile what would happen if I'd start it with bios from other one, and started succesfully, but booting like 30s and no touch working, so would like to unlock my original. Can any of you advice me how to find correct password address?

In attachment my unmodified file for the 2nd one (the one with working touch but password)
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Re: Surface 4 Pro BIOS locked

Okay, sorry, found it! Successfully unlocked the 2nd one.

Now, for the 1st one, any ideas how could I restore touch support and ideally, restore serial number?

Comment

Re: Surface Pro 5 bios dump

Hi

Is it possible to put a 25q128jvpq bios file onto a 25q128fvpq chip?
        Or are they different

Comment

Surface pro 5 1796 256 8gb bios dump

Hi all

Does anyone have a bios dump for the surface pro 5(1796) that has version 2.429 touchscreen?

I can change it to my serial number etc

Can anyone help?

Comment

this is my bios dump

Comment

Originally posted by stevep2k21uk View Post
              Hi

Is it possible to put a 25q128jvpq bios file onto a 25q128fvpq chip?
              Or are they different
              Flash chips in VSCC table:
              1F4700 (Atmel AT25DF321)
              EF4018 (Winbond W25Q128)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

this is my bios dump
                try..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  try..
                  many thanks,

now just need to flash it to to the chip,
                  just a quick question can i do it while the motherboard is still in the tablet or do i need to remove it and all power?

Comment

many thanks,

just a quick question can i do it while the motherboard is still in the tablet or do i need to remove it and all power?
                    For best results (or at least I do it this way) programming of the chip must be done out of the circuit. Otherwise you can expect all kind of problems, in other words don't create yourself a problems out of nothing.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                      For best results (or at least I do it this way) programming of the chip must be done out of the circuit. Otherwise you can expect all kind of problems, in other words don't create yourself a problems out of nothing.
                      i have tried it both ways but all i get is a flicker of the surface logo the it goes off again,
                      but what i have done is flashed a bios but changed the write proection of the regions to read/write so now i can flash the ME freely using fptw64.

which i did and it boots but theres a orange bar at top when it boots,

Comment

many thanks,

try..
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                          try..
                          that seems like a very old version 11.6.20.1221
                          where are the drivers for it?

Comment

that seems like a very old version 11.6.20.1221
                            where are the drivers for it?
                            Will it make the touchscreen work though?

Comment

surface pro 5

i have been trying to decode where the password is stored in my bios for surface pro 5

i dumped the bios then set a simple "password" then redumped it

theres definatley differences between the files,

maybe someone can help work out how to decode it, im sure it will help loads of people
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not a technician but I checked the bios file you posted and found that the "bios region" section is not damaged, it's exactly the same as the firmware downloaded from the Micro Soft homepage. So I would try upgrading your ME firmware one level up. If the problem doesn't solve it, I think it's not bios related.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: surface pro 5

further investigations brought me to where the password may be stored.
                                  AWORD in the passworded file appear twice and only once in the unpassworded file - see attached

someone might be able to make a program to decode the password knowing that the password is "password"

i
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need UEFI Password Removed from my Surface Pro 5 BIOS DUMP

this is it,
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I have a Surface 6 Pro that does not recognize the ssd, it had BitLocker lock, I made a flash with a modified DUMP and was able to access the bios settings, but it no longer recognizes the disk even by CMD commands. Does anyone know about that? Can you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                                        I have a Surface 6 Pro that does not recognize the ssd, it had BitLocker lock, I made a flash with a modified DUMP and was able to access the bios settings, but it no longer recognizes the disk even by CMD commands. Does anyone know about that? Can you help me?
                                        This thread is for the Surface Pro 5 .Bump your old thread up https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100232
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-06-2022, 03:13 PM.
                                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

hi surface pro 1796 bios password can someone help, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X