Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

universal tdk inverter.what is the little white thing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

universal tdk inverter.what is the little white thing ?

its a universal tdk inverter thats refusing to send the turn on external mosfet on .
    Attached Files

Re: what is the little white thing ?

5-1?? must be a diode

Comment

ok will diode test it . its not shorted i checked that already

Comment

tests as a diode .mystery solved .. now need to see why its not turning on .

Comment

Re: universal tdk inverter.what is the little white thing ?

5.1V zener diode? Maybe it isn’t zenering correctly?

Comment

its not doing anything as no power is getting to the inverter .
            i am struggling to see how it is supposed to switch on .
            this is it ..
            CXA-P1212B-WJL-1
            i cant see how the main board can supply anything but 12v .

Comment

maybe post some pics of the whole thing?

Comment

will post pic of the mainboard where the inverter plugs in and the inverter but plenty of pics and data sheet online for inverter . i can switch on the 12v by switching the fet on the mainboard on by making the gate low but inverter still not on . well no lights are coming on .i dont have x100 leads for my meter .

Comment

pics .
                  Attached Files

Comment

i can see q1 should be turning on to send u28 low and turning u28 on to supply the 12v but cant see any connections on the mainboard for anything else but 12v .

Comment

inverter pdf .
                      https://www.alldatasheet.com/datashe...1212B-WJL.html

Comment

Is the fuse good on the inverter? Do you have about 2v on pin 5 of the inverter to turn it on?
                        Check which pin Q1 base (R63) connects to on the inverter, If it connects to pin6, that is the protect line.
                        Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

what fuse ?
                          i cant see where 2v is supposed to come from .. should it come from the mainboard ?

Comment

That looks like a fuse on the inverter marked 20 (2Amp), it should be connected to pin 1, The 2.5 volts needs to be on pin5, this is what turns on the inverter look at the datasheet, Pin5 Vmt 0~.4v=off, 2.5v~vin = on
                            The on/off signal should come from the main board.
                            Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

fuse is fine .
                              will check all pins voltages again shortly .

Comment

You should be able to test it with a 12v bench supply (or even a 9v battery) then use a 1k resistor between pin5 and pin1 to turn it on.

What is that mess around C337 on the main board? does that line connect to pin 5 on the inverter?
                                Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

pin 5 goes to q1 base via r63 ..looks to me this should switch on u28 to provide 12v which is on q1 emitter or collector one of those goes to ground .

Comment

I count 7 pins on the inverter and 5 pins on the main board. which pins on the inverter connect to which pins on the main board?

I doubt pin 5 of the inverter connects to R63, are you sure its not pin 6 on the inverter board?
                                    Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

pin 5 inverter goes to centre pin main board . which goes to r63

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                        pin 5 inverter goes to centre pin main board . which goes to r63
                                        That will not work. Pin 5 of the inverter is the ON OFF pin, you can't control this from the base of a transistor.
                                        It makes more sense that pin 6 on the inverter connects to R63 and then the base of Q1, If the inverter has a problem, it will output 5v on pin6 turning on Q1 which will turn off the 12v to the inverter

Comment

Working...
                                        X