Vestel 55” 17mb130s help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 55” 17mb130s help needed

I have a vestel 55” chassis VES550QNDS with 17mb130s main board, the tv brand is Teac and its the LE55A4S1UHD. Originally had blinking standby light of death. Tried a panasonic firmware which worked, loaded to language page and I had thought it was frozen, turned out the remote obviously didn't work because it was panasonic firmware (stupid me). I tried loading another firmware I was sent which corrupted or something and now as soon as the tv is plugged in it does the blinking standby light straight away without trying to power on. I can hold the ok button on my remote when I first plug the tv in to update the firmware but now it does not recognise the firmware at all.

What are my options from here? Im obviously a noob and only learning, my only tv repair experience is changing bad caps on plasmas haha.

Any help is much appreciated.

If it comes down to having to replace my main board, can I use any 17mb130s providing all the connections are the same or does it have to be the exact model.

Re: Vestel 55” 17mb130s help needed

So after more research I've learnt I have bricked the main board. I suppose this isn't an easy fix at all so my best bet is finding a replacement board. I read that the boards are interchangeable across vestel models however the it may display differently due to variances in models??

Comment

http://www.mxmee.com.au/index.php?ro...roduct_id=6185

Comment

Yeah I found that earlier but it was false hope, unfortunately it is out of stock and I cant find my exact board anywhere. Hence why I was hoping there was hope of using an identical board from a different brand Vestel.

Comment

Originally posted by Liammif View Post
          I have a vestel 55” chassis VES550QNDS with 17mb130s main board, the tv brand is Teac and its the LE55A4S1UHD. Originally had blinking standby light of death. Tried a panasonic firmware which worked, loaded to language page and I had thought it was frozen, turned out the remote obviously didn't work because it was panasonic firmware (stupid me). I tried loading another firmware I was sent which corrupted or something and now as soon as the tv is plugged in it does the blinking standby light straight away without trying to power on. I can hold the ok button on my remote when I first plug the tv in to update the firmware but now it does not recognise the firmware at all.

What are my options from here? Im obviously a noob and only learning, my only tv repair experience is changing bad caps on plasmas haha.

Any help is much appreciated.

If it comes down to having to replace my main board, can I use any 17mb130s providing all the connections are the same or does it have to be the exact model.
          If you can find a mainboard that uses your exact lcd panel numbers it may work

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
            If you can find a mainboard that uses your exact lcd panel numbers it may work
            Awesome, ill soon find out, have ordered a board from overseas, should come in a couple weeks. Ill post back with my results for those wondering!

Comment

Update, different model TCON board but for same chassis tv worked perfect. Had an extra input which I had to drill a small hole to fit in my tv back panel. Hopefully this helps anyone who is in my position!

Comment

Because your remote control's settings were changed when you installed new software, your old remote control did not work, so you can buy a Panasonic remote control and solve your problem.
                When you try to install new software, the OK button on your current remote control does not work because the Panasonic remote control setting is still active.
                The software version is very important on mb130 motherboards (v3 v5). If you install the wrong version, your motherboard will fail.

Comment

Working...
                X