Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitachi 55" TV dead after 18 months (Vestel 17MB100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi 55" TV dead after 18 months (Vestel 17MB100)

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
    Can't you solder copper filaments onto miniscart internally?
    I could and short all the other pins together. TP167 & TP169 are on the UART lines but the board isn't labelled. However there are two test points that connect to the correct pins on the cable SCART socket so it is a reasonable assumption that the UART lines come out as described in the manual. The boards over MB100 seem to only have two methods of software update FTP & USB but both methods require a working TV screen where I only have a flashing LED. Maybe the code doesn't get far enough to log anything although I would guess if it is flashing the LED it is in the search for code mode or in to the software update mode.
    Given that I have put an Hitachi 17MB120 from a 48" TV in place of 17MB100 for a 55" TV and it works isn't it more likely any 17MB100 board would take the Hitachi USB code and work or does it have to be Hitachi because the boot loader software from a different manufacturer might be different?

Comment

I found a main board identical to the Hitachi 17MB100 very cheap for £5. On EBay here they advertise my remote RC5118 as Digi home & Hitachi.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163395716...Cclp%3A2334524
      The board was advertised as Digi home, comes up as Toshiba, but Hitachi remote doesn't work it why?
      The TV works with the Digi home board and I found my 20 year old Toshiba remote works on it so I could change the language from Polish to English.
      What is the safest & best solution?
      1) Put Hitachi USB in and update the Toshiba to Hitachi so it is all back to normal.
      2) Get a different remote control & leave it as Toshiba.
      3) Cut the TV Box to fit the Hitachi 17MB120 board that uses the original. remote

Comment

the best way is to search the presence on board of settings eprom, buy a cheap eprom programmer, copy the one on original board to new one, there was a picture of the board i think, i can try to watch at it.

Comment

the best way is to search the presence on board of settings eprom, buy a cheap eprom programmer, copy the one on original board to new one, there was a picture of the board i think, i can try to watch at it.
          Code is in ball grid array Flash chip that is why I want to know if point '1' above would work or brick the board.
          Without any advice I shall go route '2' above and have a Toshiba in an Hitachi box without cutting up the back panel and use a universal remote control.

Comment

Code is in ball grid array Flash
            are you sure? how are marked U33 & U27?

Comment

ignore sorry wrong thread
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-22-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

are you sure? how are marked U33 & U27?
                I know nothing about these TV boards. U27= 25L1606 U33= RK743

Comment

The first is an eprom but not the usual type of the settings, maybe it's it or not..

Comment

[Solved Twice] Re: Hitachi 55" TV dead after 18 months (Vestel 17MB100)

I am not gong to waste time trying to fix the original Hitachi 17MB100 board for the TV because I have two working solutions that are good enough.
                    Solutions
                    1) 17MB120 23345028 FOR HITACHI 48HK6T74U TV SCREEN: VES480QNDS-2D-N11 with the flip screen software back on post #32 works with the original remote control but the board connectors require the plastic back to be cut for the different connectors.
                    2) MB 17MB100 23330575 FOR DIGIHOME 48300UHDLEDCNTD TV SCR: VES480QNES-2D-U01 (1) Works the screen perfectly as a Toshiba and fits the box without modifications but not with the Hitachi remote control. An old Toshiba Regza Remote control works it perfectly.
                    I have chosen to the Toshiba route because I think their software updates will be more reliable not wanting to stuff the TV to maintain their product quality image.
                    Comparing the original TV and how it tunes in now I think the original board was not as good and maybe that is the reason the software update screwed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X