Asus NX500 no longer charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus NX500 no longer charges

Last time i used it, i had it plugged to power and it would not charge and eventually, the battery died

The charger is fine, i have a 2nd NX500 because their displays are QLED and amazing lol so both chargers were tested on the working unit

I tested the port and i am getting voltage, that is pretty much the extent of my troubleshooting knowledge

Anything i should check?

Re: Asus NX500 no longer charges

you should exchange the batteries between the two laptops. If there is a battery that get charged on one laptop and does not get charged on the other laptop, then the charging circuit on the mainboard of the latter laptop is defective and needs to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      you should exchange the batteries between the two laptops. If there is a battery that get charged on one laptop and does not get charged on the other laptop, then the charging circuit on the mainboard of the latter laptop is defective and needs to be fixed.
      Just did that, laptop that doesnt charge still wont charge or work if battery is dead

Is there some area i should start testing with multimeter?

Comment

you should find the schematics of the laptop and test the charging circuit of the mainboard.

Comment

Working...
        X