Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic

correction: Compared to the time of Discrete graphics, now that PCH has additional voltages for graphics such as 3.3v and 1.8v, it gets about 20 degrees hotter, so that it reaches about 60'C.

Does anyone know what is defective in this laptop?
    Last edited by caspian; 05-23-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

@caspian, i asked for good quality images of both sides of your converted mb which you didnt posted. Yes, PCH will be slightly more warmer and there is nothing wrong with that. No need to change bios-the original discrete bios works like charm after conversion.

Comment

thanks for your reply,
        I do not have a good camera to take big photos of the mainboard.
        I have used various versions of Bios and EC, but no signal changes in the mainboard. All the soldering that I did are OK according to the photos of Post#110. So, I do not know what to do next.

Comment

the good news is that the laptop can be restarted well by pressing Alt-Ctrl-Del using a USB keyboard. but it has still black screen.
          Do you think the GFX section of PCH or CPU is defective?
          Last edited by caspian; 05-25-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
            the good news is that the laptop can be restarted well by pressing Alt-Ctrl-Del using a USB keyboard. but it has still black screen.
            Do you think the GFX section of PCH or CPU is defective?
            It is difficult to say without having a look at the converted images. If you have a smartphone, you can take pics and upload. However, though it can be bad pch but i still beleive its some mistake in conversion process. I too faced issues while converting this mb at first attempt but now i've converted more then 50 mb's and they work perfectly. Btw, did you jumpered the marked area after scraping paint inside the cpu socket(TOP side??

Comment

Another important thing to check is those RN(8pins). Sometime there can be some residual solder between two adjacent pins on both top and bottom side. Re check RN2002 and point marked as B/C/D in image from dr bios.

Comment

Finally, I fixed it. Thanks @mcplslg123.
                you were right. one of the resistors were bad. but something strange happened that I could not predict: one of the 0-Ohm resistors in a resistor array turned into a 200KOhm resistor. it happened probably due to extra soldering heat or due to the fact that the resistor array was taken from a donor mainboard.
                Last edited by caspian; 05-26-2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Finally, I fixed it. Thanks @mcplslg123.
                  you were right. one of the resistors were bad. but something strange happened that I could not predict: one of the 0-Ohm resistors in a resistor array turned into a 200KOhm resistor. it happened probably due to extra soldering heat or due to the fact that the resistor array was taken from a donor mainboard.
                  Congrats bro

Comment

Update: The conversion that I did is successful. Windows8 boots successfully.
                    But now the PCH gets too hot about 80'C after a few minutes of using the laptop, even though I installed a heatsink on the PCH. Windows8 works slower than normal.
                    Sometimes the laptop boots fine, but sometimes it has black screen randomly.
                    Does anybody know what is wrong in this Dell 5010?
                    Last edited by caspian; 06-15-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I never installed heatsink on pch on this mb after conversion and they are running for almost 1 year+. PCh do gets a liitle hot in this platform.

Comment

The PCH does not get hot instantly. If there is a heatsink on the PCH, then it takes about 5 minutes to get hot to about 80'C. LCD backlight has a bit of flickering sometimes randomly.
                        What do you guess is wrong?

Comment

The +1.8v power is 1.78v and the 1.05v power is 1.044v.
                          The +1.8v power is 209 Ohms and the 1.05v power is 10 Ohms.
                          CPU_vcore is 1.1v and 50 Ohms.
                          There is some power linkage to Ground so that I feel some electricity when I touch Ground by my finger on the mainboard.
                          Do these symptoms mean the PCH is defective or half-shorted?
                          Last edited by caspian; 06-16-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

The power leakage to GND disappeared today. PCH gets hot about 80'C with heatsink.
                            is this temperature ok if I leave it like this?
                            are the above voltage and resistance values ok?

Comment

The power leakage to GND disappeared today. PCH gets hot about 80'C with heatsink.
                              is this temperature ok if I leave it like this?
                              are the above voltage and resistance values ok?
                              Yes. All is well

Comment

Done without any problem , but the external didn't work VGA and HDMI..any idea!

Comment

Enabling intel graphics on VGA and HDMI needs an additional number of component soldering/replacement. Considering the facts that the Dell-5010 laptop is old and we cannot spend more time on this laptop, technicians usually refuse to enable intel graphics on VGA and HDMI on Dell 5010.

Comment

Enabling intel graphics on VGA and HDMI needs an additional number of component soldering/replacement. Considering the facts that the Dell-5010 laptop is old and we cannot spend more time on this laptop, technicians usually refuse to enable intel graphics on VGA and HDMI on Dell 5010.
                                    Thank you caspian

Comment

Originally posted by vektro View Post
                                      Hello friend,
                                      recently i converted an N5010 board using Dr. Bios way.

It works only for laptop's display, not HDMI's or VGA's outputs.

Now i am trying to resolve this too.

Check the attachment.
                                      hello!
                                      i'm kinda new to this but i want to try the method you mentioned. can you please help me: there are some letters with yellow square but dont say what must be added. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by vektro View Post
                                        Hello friend,
                                        recently i converted an N5010 board using Dr. Bios way.

It works only for laptop's display, not HDMI's or VGA's outputs.

Now i am trying to resolve this too.

Check the attachment.
                                        and it says remove green shild of pcb and connect that to near capacitor pin, i didnt understand that too
                                        thanks

Comment

In short

You have to remove connection from GPU and move it towards PCH

If hdmi is directly interacted with PCH then no need

Otherwise change clock signal change display control etc

Additional you need Uma bios

Comment

Working...
                                          X