Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks ..still

Hi,

I've been struggling with getting this TV to work. I have searched the forums and internet for the troubleshooting guide to identify what the problem is (one that checks for connectors, and such) for the SS board since alledgelly the board is functional yet i still get the 8 blinks.

It has been a couple of years since i got it, and I think i recall it having 9 blinks first before i replace the SS board.. and now is down to 8? .. or maybe it was always 8.

So, the question for you guys is: anyone has the troubleshooting guide for it? or can walk me through it?

I do recall seeing something like a workflow that asks you to disconnect it from the controller board and check if is still on.. and then some other tests like that.

help?

Re: Panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks ..still

This is for the 3D version. It should be the same as yours.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
      This is for the 3D version. It should be the same as yours.
      Thank you!
      i'll give it a shot.

Comment

Need to further test as I missed connecting some cables in the A Board.. it does stay on so it has to do with the SS.
        Last edited by Talegas; 06-06-2020, 08:33 PM. Reason: Messed up testing

Comment

So I ended up testing what the troubleshooting guide suggests, and the conclusion is that the SS board needs replacing.

I got this board from someone a couple of years ago, who said it was "tested". My take is that he replaced the three normal components that go bad in these boards.

Do you guys have any guidance for me to test (and how to go about it) to identify where the actual issue in the board? (or even if you suggest i should just get rid of it)

Thanks!

Comment

Here you go.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here you go.
              Thank you Tvtimmy.

It does describes three components that are no longer available online. I would assume the person who provided me with the SS board already changed those components, yet it seems that it was either incorrectly done or something else broke.

Is there any way to test those components individually to see if they actually are broken? (the resistor is easy to test..but what are the other two that are attached to the heat sink?)

Comment

The one in the red circle should not have a short on any combination of 2 pins at a time.
                The other one is a diode. Use diode mode on your meter and check one of the front 2 pins with the single one in the back. It will only read one way. If no reading, reverse the leads.
                Attached Files

Comment

The one in the red circle should not have a short on any combination of 2 pins at a time..
                  Sorry for the dumb question, but to check for not having a short.. do i need to check for a level of resistance? or there should be NO continuity at all across any combination of 2 pins?

Comment

No continuity. Most meters beep when probes touch each other.

Comment

No continuity. Most meters beep when probes touch each other.
                      Thank you very much for following up.

I have done some tests, but I just want to make sure I did not mess it up.
                      For the diode, that was pretty much straight forward as my multimeter does have a diode test. I got a reading (350-349) when using the red lead on either of the two front, and ground lead on the back pin.

For the other component, my multimeter is rather cheap and does not have that beeping sound nor a "continuity" feature called out. So i thought i could still use the diode mode .. and with it i got a reading in one of the two front pins in combination with the back pin but only using the red lead on the front pin. If i reversed the leads it would not give me a reading.

would that continuity test be correct using the diode mode?
                      Last edited by Talegas; 06-12-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X