LG Plasma 60pk950-UA no picture or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Plasma 60pk950-UA no picture or sound

I am looking for some help troubleshooting an LG 60pk950-UA plasma television. When I took the back cover off I also found this number PDP60R10000. TV powers up but no picture or sound. We didn't use the tv for almost a year and when I went to turn it on yesterday it powered on but no sound or picture. In the past it acted up a couple times(had sound and no picture or picture and no sound, cant remember which one it was) I assumed it was the LG wireless media box. If you power cycled the tv then it would work. Now I have no sound or picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached pictures of the boards.
    Attached Files

Re: LG Plasma 60pk950-UA no picture or sound

Does the screen glow in a darkened room?

Comment

I was just looking at the photos and in the 3rd picture I see a few bent caps on the primary circuit. I'm no pro, but isn't that a sign of a bad cap? I just figured I'd say something cause I want to know if they are (possibly) bad.

I'll wait for a veteran to speak up. I just wanted to point and ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Midnightalaskan View Post
        I was just looking at the photos and in the 3rd picture I see a few bent caps on the primary circuit. I'm no pro, but isn't that a sign of a bad cap? I just figured I'd say something cause I want to know if they are (possibly) bad.

I'll wait for a veteran to speak up. I just wanted to point and ask...
        Caps aren't always flush with the board and can be at angles, Yes sometimes if the cap has bulged at the lead side it can be a sign of failure but rarely is this the case. Caps will and almost always do vent topside.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
          Caps aren't always flush with the board and can be at angles, Yes sometimes if the cap has bulged at the lead side it can be a sign of failure but rarely is this the case. Caps will and almost always do vent topside.
          Cool! Glad I asked, I've seen a few of em before and wanted a little clarity. Also didn't know it was a rare thing for the bottoms to go first.

Well good luck! That's all I'm good for!

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
            Does the screen glow in a darkened room?
            No

Comment

OK, on this circuit board, there is a light (logic board)
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1386049781

Do you see the light glow or flash when the set is powered up?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                OK, on this circuit board, there is a light (logic board)
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1386049781

Do you see the light glow or flash when the set is powered up?
                Yes. It flashes once, then a real quick flash. A few second pause, then repeats.

Comment

OK, at this point, you'll need a digital multimeter. Do you have one, or can you borrow one? An analog multimeter will not suffice unfortunately.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK, at this point, you'll need a digital multimeter. Do you have one, or can you borrow one? An analog multimeter will not suffice unfortunately.
                    Yes I have one.

Comment

OK, the top right connector on this board has two pins at the bottom marked VS
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1386049781

With the red probe of the meter touching VS, black probe on chassis and meter on highest DC range (or autoranging) measure the voltage on the bottom most pin with the set in the fault condition. What do you see?

The ratings for Vs, Va and other voltages are printed on the Panel Sticker which has LG Electronics logo and PDP60####### markings.

Comment

ok, the top right connector on this board has two pins at the bottom marked vs
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1386049781

with the red probe of the meter touching vs, black probe on chassis and meter on highest dc range (or autoranging) measure the voltage on the bottom most pin with the set in the fault condition. What do you see?

The ratings for vs, va and other voltages are printed on the panel sticker which has lg electronics logo and pdp60####### markings.
                        201.6v

Comment

OK, that's good.

See attachment.

With TV OFF and UNPLUGGED:
                          - Disconnect the blue highlighted cable, by pressing each clip gently and pulling backwards with minimal force.
                          - Place a wire link between the two holes marked in red.

Then plug TV in and turn on if it is in standby.

You may or may not see test patterns, but if you do, it indicates the main board is bad (not this board... the board with HDMI etc.)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tom66; 12-03-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

OK, that's good.

See attachment.

- Disconnect the blue highlighted cable, by pressing each clip gently and pulling backwards with minimal force.

You may or may not see test patterns, but if you do, it indicates the main board is bad (not this board... the board with HDMI etc.)
                            Still nothing

Comment

since no picture and no sound. The mainboard is bad

Comment

Originally posted by luktech View Post
                                since no picture and no sound. The mainboard is bad
                                This is the only board I am having trouble finding. Everyone is out of stock.
                                Is there someone on here that can repair this board?

Comment

Luktech is probably not correct. It is most likely not involving the main board at the moment. More testing is necessary.

At this point, I am going to assume you have a PDP60R1 panel, but please confirm this by looking at the sticker with voltages on it, it will be marked something like "LG Electronics PDP60R1##### Made in KOREA 2010.09.03".

Please refer here:
                                  http://tgohome.com/ServiceManuals/?d...h=Submit+Query

On the 5th page it instructs you on how to test the Vsc and -Vy voltages. Please do so and compare to the label on the plasma panel.

Comment

OK, that's good.

See attachment.

I was doing some more research on here and I found a block diagram for the 60pk750 with the 60r1 panel. Since it has all the same boards and panel as mine except for the main board am I to assume the voltages will be the same? If so I took some measurements on the power supply. f801,f501, and f301 only read half of what they should according to the diagram.

VS=201.6
                                    VA=59.6V
                                    M5V=5.15V
                                    17V=17.17V
                                    STBY=5.15V

F801
                                    stby 0v
                                    run 174.7v

F501
                                    stby 0v
                                    run 174.7v

F301
                                    stby73.8v
                                    run 174.3v

Comment

For now, since the Vs and other voltages are present, the power board is not currently suspect. Please check the -Vy and Vsc first.

Comment

For now, since the Vs and other voltages are present, the power board is not currently suspect. Please check the -Vy and Vsc first.
                                        -Vy jumps between 10v-40v
                                        Vsc jumps between 10v-30v

Comment

Working...
                                        X