Help identifying sot23-5 ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying sot23-5 ic

I have an Autek IFIX919 diagnostic kit that an ic has failed on the 5v input line from the usb port. The ic is labelled up as A17O2 or A1702
    The pin designation from this are as follows:
    Pins
    1 = Not sure
    2 = GND
    3 = 3.3V output line
    4 = 5V input from the usb port
    5 = suspect a feedback line
    I have looked up for the smd code but cannot find anything suitable.
    It could be LDO voltage regulator 3.3V
    Basically the gnd and 5V has a short across it of around 26ohms.
    The ic is marked up as U4 which has been highlighted in a red box.
    I have been looking at the output and the pcb I have traced goes to an 3.3V line.
    Any help would be appreciated in identifying would be great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cheeky2; 03-19-2021, 02:30 PM.

Re: Help identifying sot23-5 ic

It might be a M3406.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 03-19-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      It might be a M3406.
      Fantastic I am looking at the ic now and it certainly looks promising. I am going to draw the circuit out and work out the suitability of it and check the resistors networks out to see what the output voltage is going to be.
      I must say I have been looking through loads of 3.3V regulators but the pinouts didn't match anything like it at all. Yet so far this looks extremely promising.
      I will let you know how I get on with it.
      I appreciate you spending the time helping me out
      Take care
      Regards Anthony

Comment

I search on some place by part of your marking code "A17"
        got below's detail for SOT23-5
        Smd Code Part No. Manufacturer Package
        A17 CLC406AJM5 Nsc SOT-23-5
        A17 XC6114A238MR Tor SOT-25
        A17 RP110N171B Ric SOT-23-5
        A17 XC6365A172MR Tor SOT-25
        A17 XC6367A172MR Tor SOT-25

Comment

I am fairly convinced that R_J ic is the correct one as the values of the resistors in circuit give you 3.3V and the ic enable pin 1 is also connected up via a 10k resistor.
          By tomorrow I should be able to confirm this as I have found a slightly lower current ic 600ma that is available in UK whilst the other 800ma ic's are ordered from China. The specs and pinouts are the same as I have checked the datasheets. I will fit the ic tomorrow and should hopefully have it up and running again.
          So watch this space for the results....

Comment

I think flc2020 is just taking that info from one of the smd code books or one of the online sites.

Comment

I think flc2020 is just taking that info from one of the smd code books or one of the online sites.
              Indeed
              Anyway good news just had success in replacing the ic and now the kit is fully functional.
              Just a quick question how did you go about finding the ic? Was this through experience or was there another method of working this out. I ask as it would help me in future to quickly find items that have only markings on the ics. Obviously I looked online for the part but without the success you have had.
              I am always looking to learn new skills and techniques.
              My friend who I am repairing this for will highly delighted with the results.

Thanks R_J for your time and effort involved as it is certainly appreciated
              Attached Files

Comment

Good to here it is fixed.
                I usually start with the case type and start looking for the marking code, It can be hit and miss with these smd components, sometimes they use the same markings for different components. A lot is also from experience, I have seen some of these parts before and know what is the part code and what is the date code.
                There are smd code books on line that can help with some parts but not all. and sometimes the manufacturer has there own custom number which can be a custom part of a common part with their number.
                Last edited by R_J; 03-24-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Good to here it is fixed.
                  I usually start with the case type and start looking for the marking code, It can be hit and miss with these smd components, sometimes they use the same markings for different components. A lot is also from experience, I have seen some of these parts before and know what is the part code and what is the date code.
                  There are smd code books on line that can help with some parts but not all. and sometimes the manufacturer has there own custom number which can be a custom part of a common part with their number.
                  Yes I looked through the pdf code books online without finding any relevant matches. Then started looking for voltage regulators with 3.3V of that packages. Experience counts, generally I can find most of them but occasionally I come across the odd one which stumps me.
                  Take care.
                  Regards Anthony

Comment

Working...
                  X