Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAcBook Pro A1707 new keyboard not working but touchpad and fans work properly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAcBook Pro A1707 new keyboard not working but touchpad and fans work properly.

hi. I have an a1707, i replaced with a new keyboard but still no working
    The touchpad works well and the fans spin but keyboard is not working. Any help please.

Re: MAcBook Pro A1707 new keyboard not working but touchpad and fans work properly.

The touchpad works well and the fans spin but keyboard is not working. Any help please
    Originally posted by kalzabdul View Post
    The touchpad works well and the fans spin but keyboard is not working. Any help please.

Comment

Re: MAcBook Pro A1707 new keyboard not working but touchpad and fans work properly.

hi.

1) check the keyboard cable to the logic board connection

2) do you see the keyboard backlight working on this replacement?

Comment

no backlight
        Am yet to get another connector
        But the fans are working well

Comment

On the connector, just visually confirm that there are no bent pins. We have done similar keyboard replacements at the low level and worked well in the end but it was not the same A1707 unit.

Just confirm that the keyboard cables are mating correctly.

There are some youtube videos on this topic - please review them as well.

Comment

Ok I'll check on the connector.
            Do you have any links to those videos

Comment

Hi. I’ve tried another connector but it didn’t work.
              So i got another motherboard and fixed it in the chasis woth the faulty keyboard but still it didn’t work.
              Am probably thinking that the new keyboard isn’t just working.

Comment

It is not uncommon to receive new keyboards and they do not work. If you ordered them from china i would be careful because they resell returns. You will want to buy from a reputable company that sells OEM parts. FYI, the keyboard has the backlight integrated inside the keyboard itself, there is no connector for the backlight on these keyboards, they are all in one connection. I seen cases where the keyboard works but the backlight does not, and vice versa.
                sigpic
                MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Ok. So let me just buy another keyboard. Coz even the backlight isn’t working on this one.

Comment

I would recommend you buy a topcase with a battery (new top case) or even a known used one that is working. There are people selling these on eBay always.
                    sigpic
                    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Ok. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X