Parts: What do you keep on hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts: What do you keep on hand?

I'm looking into building a repair kit to keep on hand while learning how to troubleshoot TV issues. So far, the 20 or so 1000uF 35v caps I bought have come in handy, but what about diodes and MOSFETs? What do you suggest I should have on hand?

Re: Parts: What do you keep on hand?

I have a tonne of shit, all ordered though in bags from what I had previously used for repairs also a load of caps with common values. In my other bags got mosfets, diodes, leds, resistors everything. Then a lot of Tv boards.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I just order a few extra components each time so a stock builds up. Plus a number of unrepairable circuit boards at hand.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        I just order a few extra components each time so a stock builds up. Plus a number of unrepairable circuit boards at hand.
        This is what i have been doing too ive also been collecting free smashed screen sets as the boards/led strips are always worth having.

Comment

What are some common values of diodes and MOSFETs that I should keep on hand?

Comment

uf4007's are handy
            and mbr5200 - but hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              I am doing the same thing.

Comment

It's probably unrealistic to stock any common value of mosfets, since each manufacturer has their own supplier(s) and there are a LOT of suppliers. Therefore, there are many different part numbers used. If you've had a chance to look at power supply schematics, you would see that many of the mosfets used are not used on any other supply. It's almost like the manufacturer's go out of their way to use a new part number every time they design a new supply.

Comment

The variety of parts does make it difficult to know what to stock and holding stock can be expensive.
                  I ordered Mosfets for a Samsung Ysus set the other day from Italy and received them in 36 hours. Better than our First Class local postal service.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                    It's probably unrealistic to stock any common value of mosfets, since each manufacturer has their own supplier(s) and there are a LOT of suppliers. Therefore, there are many different part numbers used. If you've had a chance to look at power supply schematics, you would see that many of the mosfets used are not used on any other supply. It's almost like the manufacturer's go out of their way to use a new part number every time they design a new supply.
                    I figured that. I was looking on eBay for diode variety kits and was looking into getting one but I wasn't sure what to get.

Comment

1/4 watt resistors of every imaginable value, 1000uf 470uf 2200uf caps in 25v and 35v, zener diode kits in 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt and 1 watt, 1n4148 diodes, 1n4007 diodes, fuses in several values. Then when I order parts for a specific set I usually order several extras of each thing. Some models have the same failures on every set (like the 98$ emerson from walmart) I usually get enough to fix 5 before I have to reorder parts. Plus something on the order of 100 broken screen sets i have accumulated.
                      Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Originally posted by JDC View Post
                        I was looking on eBay for diode variety kits and was looking into getting one but I wasn't sure what to get.
                        It is okay to look at ebay auctions to get a clue/hint of what the repair kits includes as it might point out the most often failed part, but since you live in the USA, I suggest avoiding ebay for your parts as they are likely to be counterfeit or questionable quality.

I would also take the feedback left for sellers with a huge grain of salt. Most DIY people can't tell the difference between a fake and genuine and most don't know the difference between a general purpose cap and low ESR cap.

You have reasonable shipping costs with reputable distributors like digikey and mouser and usually get the parts in 48 hours, just to name two.
                        Last edited by retiredcaps; 06-07-2016, 05:53 PM.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

13N50 are something I use a lot of.

Used in loads of samsung and VESTEL power supplies.

Also a handy sub for 9n50 and 11n50.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
                            zener diode kits in 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt and 1 watt, 1n4148 diodes, 1n4007 diodes,
                            you dont need 250ma zeners, 500ma will fit inplace of them - the package is the same size.
                            and you should skip the in4007's and use uf4007's instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                              13N50 are something I use a lot of.

Used in loads of samsung and VESTEL power supplies.

Also a handy sub for 9n50 and 11n50.
                              Dont forget UF5402's, UF5404's and SB5100's for the Vestels lol
                              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                Dont forget UF5402's, UF5404's and SB5100's for the Vestels lol
                                or just uf5408's and sb5200's

Comment

Working...
                                X