Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet Another TC-P55GT30 7 Blinking Light Error

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    Made it to the 2 hour mark with Q401, 402, 403, 421, 422, and 423 using FGB20N60SFD IGBT.

Temperature around 45C still.

Will see if it makes it to the end of this 10 hour video.
    Still going?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      Made it to the 2 hour mark with Q401, 402, 403, 421, 422, and 423 using FGB20N60SFD IGBT.

Temperature around 45C still.

Will see if it makes it to the end of this 10 hour video.
      I would turn it on and off several times while the video plays.

Comment

Originally posted by syaoran123 View Post
        Still going?
        I shut it off after 5.5h yesterday. It would be careless to leave a TV i expect may fail running in an unoccupied shop overnight. I will start the test again when i arrive in my shop today.

As for turning it on and off, I can also do this as well. With the sweeping patterns video, i monitor how many watts it is drawing while doing so to see if i can get to its peek wattage draw, and i can when a full white screen is displayed.

Comment

As Johnboy says , turn it on and off several times a day and see what happens.
          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

USing the TV right now to test some satellite recievers i have repaired. Checked panel hours about 10,400 hours and it has been powered on and off 5040 times.

Lets see if this lasts this day of me using it and turning it on and off.

Comment

I set my smart watch to vibrate every 10 minutes today and put a documentary on loop on the youtube.

Every 10 min i turn the tv on and off.

This beast is still going..... wtf

Comment

Maybe you are lucky!
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

maybe i wish i had the equipment to test how many amps those circuits peek at, who knows maybe these parts are in spec.

Comment

Why all the fuss over these IGBTs? it seems to me Shopjimmy were also having supply problems with the GT30F131s and have just chosen a different replacement the FGB20N60, you can be sure they would have run tests using it, before adding it to there repair kits.I ran long tests using the FGD4536TMs on my refurbished board before offering them for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                      Why all the fuss over these IGBTs? it seems to me Shopjimmy were also having supply problems with the GT30F131s and have just chosen a different replacement the FGB20N60, you can be sure they would have run tests using it, before adding it to there repair kits.I ran long tests using the FGD4536TMs on my refurbished board before offering them for sale.
                      The fuss was the Peek/Pulse Amperage values been so different by a extreme from the OEM IGBTs specs. The first users has his pop relatively quick.

Which lead them to be suspect, However I received the kit and used them and so far I'm having no issues. So I can only deduce that the circuit never reaches the peek/pulse collector current the OEM IGBTs were rated for and these parts are suitable and the other user had other faults causing failure again, I am really lucky, or magic?

Since this isnt a J.K Rowling novel, I'll have to go with the parts are in fact suitable, that would be the most logical answer.

Comment

You are not reading the data correctly, they would not be my first call as replacements but are up to the job. With all repairs to this type Panasonic SC/SN board, replacing the driver ICs and transistor arrays is a must, if theses have failed or not, they will be damaged.Then its only a matter of time for them to fail and take out the IGBTs once more.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                          You are not reading the data correctly, they would not be my first call as replacements but are up to the job. With all repairs to this type Panasonic SC/SN board, replacing the driver ICs and transistor arrays is a must, if theses have failed or not, they will be damaged.Then its only a matter of time for them to fail and take out the IGBTs once more.
                          thanks for the Info. appreciated a lot.

I just replaced the IGBTs, and had sucess just doing thm before. I have a TC-P55GT30 at home that has been running for 3 close to 4 years now with just replacing the IGBTs. Think i should pull the board back out and do the resistors.

R401 402 403 421 422 and 423, as well as IC502, Q531, D401 and D423 that the kit also provides?

Panel has roughly 10,000 hours on it, if that makes a difference.

Comment

I'm suspecting shopjimmy are selling copies because I had a customer come back a month later. And when I reordered again and installed, the TV blew immediately.

I would guess there are good copies mixed in with defective ones. That explains why there's mixed reviews.

Comment

If Flocko says these parts will do the job then i believe him but just looking at the datasheets i would not have picked them.

No , the repair kit just comes with those items but RF1501/DAF30A and the resistors dont need to be replaced. The diodes only read short because the fets are shorted.

I agree with Flocko on the IC and transistor. These take a big hit when the board blows , i always replace them since i had blowing boards

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                If Flocko says these parts will do the job then i believe him but just looking at the datasheets i would not have picked them.

No , the repair kit just comes with those items but RF1501/DAF30A and the resistors dont need to be replaced. The diodes only read short because the fets are shorted.

I agree with Flocko on the IC and transistor. These take a big hit when the board blows , i always replace them since i had blowing boards
                                So you think i should tear it down and replace IC502, Q531 then?

Comment

Most do not buy kits,and just replace what they think will get the set running again, this is not always the way to go, and why if you buy a kit of parts would you not fit them all.( a good kit will have all the parts supplied that you could find blown or damaged, they are not put in the kit for fun,or to get rid of extras part that they have laying around in the workshop)There are no short cuts to a good repair if you want it to last and work first time

Comment

I know this is an old thread, But the IGBT's are dead on my set again, I suspect due to the power issues we had with the ice storm. I took the board out and indeed the SC is shorted i remove the IGBT's and its not shorted any more. Same as before. Can any one help me source some IGBTs from digikey. Shop Jimmy takes quite some time to get to me.

I took a look but im not confident enough to pic a suitable replacement in the active stock.

Comment

You need these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30PCS-PDP-P...QAAOSwIrNWFD7h

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                        Is this considered a reputable seller? I've had nothing but bad luck ordering parts from china they always seem to be fakes.

Comment

I ordered from him and had no problems. But that was nov 16 and still use the parts as i bought them in big quantity.

Comment

Working...
                                          X