Lg 55lv5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 55lv5500

Hey guys. So I'm looking for opinions from experienced users on what to replace on my TV from the symptons it's having.

Here's my issue. Last week it was on Netflix, then when I changed the input from netflix to a hdmi source the screen flickered and the hdmi source image was dim and flickering on and off and the TV shut off.

When I turned the TV on I had no image, no sound, and no backlight. I waited like an hour and when I turned the TV back on the LG logo appears and I have back light but no image. I left the TV on just staring at it and the screen flickered and went back to the hdmi image for like 10 seconds then the image was gone.

So my tv sympton's are no sound no image but I do have back light at times. At times I mean if the TV turns on and there's no backlight I'll shut it off and wait a bit and then turn it on and the backlight comes on.

I took the panel off the back of the TV and exposed all the boards. I hear a slight humming from the t con board. If I take off a ribbon from the main board going into the t con the humming stops, when I plug it back in humming starts.

I'm thinking the main board could be the issue. I did have 2 blackouts last week due to a storm so I'm assuming the TV power surged...

I have a meter but I'm not familiar with testing boards.
    Should I go ahead and get a the main board repaired?
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Lg 55lv5500

Try reflowing the processor on the main board with a heat gun.

Comment

Will give it a try. Thanks

Comment

Take off the heatsink. There are 4 plastic pins that hold it down. Squeeze the tabs on the bottom and pull out. I use a Wagner paint stripper with a modified nozzel, down to 1/4 inch, for about 1 minute. Did it many, many times.

Comment

So I did take take off the heat sink from the main board but I did the oven reflow method and it worked. The TV turned on and I have audio and display.
          The day after the messed up I got a Sony X850D. Now the LG will go to the master bedroom.
          Thanks guys for all your help!

Comment

Working...
          X