Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TC-P50S1 vs P50U1 same panel different internals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P50S1 vs P50U1 same panel different internals.

As the title says, I'm looking for info regarding the Panasonic TCP50S1 and TCP50U1. I have two of the S1's and one of the U1's on the bench right now. One of the S1's had a blown SC and SS but a good panel. The other had a broken screen and a missing SC. The U1 had a broken screen and a dud mainboard. The only difference that I can see between the two main boards is the S1 has two fans driven off the main that the U1 doesn't have. The S1's main works with the U1's other internals. I'd like to sell the buffers from the S1's if they're good but I haven't been able to find a test procedure. They both use the same panel but different SCs, SDs, SUs, and SSs. What's gonna happen if I connect the SU and SD from the S1 to the SC from the U1?
    Last edited by johnboy1313; 03-25-2017, 04:34 PM.

Re: TC-P50S1 vs P50U1 same panel different internals.

Test the buffer boards by removing the 4 screws that hold them to the sc board and remove the 3 connections going to the sc(white?). Using a dmm on continuity or beep mode for a short circuit, put neg on one of the floating variable ground pads that you removed the 4 screws from. Lift up the ribbon latches and take pos probe and drag across all the connector pins. I wouldnt try different buffers on sc boards myself.

Comment

If they're the same panel it's unlikely to be an issue. Think of this like a 5081 / 5105.

Cheaper models have cut down boards and buffers with no heat sinks. how you present this though for sale, that's the issue. Can't really say it's a S1, it'll be a mongrel but it will work. Plus all the mounts will be present too for fans etc.

Comment

I'm gonna sell the parts on eBay. I've already sold two of the PSU's. There isn't much to be made from a working 8 year old Plasma these days. I might get $150 if I hold out. Then I have to deal with all the asshats out there looking to get it for even less. I'd rather take my chances with eBay.

Comment

Working...
        X