Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No back-light on LG 42LN5400 FIXED! But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No back-light on LG 42LN5400 FIXED! But...

Hello to the BA badcaps forum! First let me say I was referred here by shopjimmy, and love seeing another active Vbulletin community! Anyhow, I ordered replacement LED strips to fix no back-light (black screen, w/ audio) on a LG 42LN5400.
    It passed the flashlight test, so I was delighted when the panel came back to life after replacing the strips. However, the image is now flashing every second or so in the top left corner, as well as some mild horizontal lines on the left. The problem appears to be coming from the panel itself, not the led backlights. Is it possible the panel or boards in the tv broke at the same time as the LED strips? I'm confused because before there was no backlight, but now after new strips, back-light is working, but there is this flashing that seems unrelated to the back-light. I did not damage the panel. Is it possible a new T-con board will fix the problem? Again, the LEDs are not flashing or blinking, it appears to be the panel.

Thank-you very much in advance for the help! Am I better off buying a new set?
    • Reset All Settings
    • Performed a Firmware Update

VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDroPQ1sgk
    Last edited by walterhueston; 10-28-2017, 02:23 PM. Reason: edits

Re: No back-light on LG 42LN5400 FIXED! But...

The TABs probably got slight damage while removing or replacing the glass screen.

Comment

Try resetting your t-con cables
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
        The TABs probably got slight damage while removing or replacing the glass screen.
        TABSs being part of the LCD screen? I was a lot less gentle taking it apart this 3rd time, and it didn't make the problem worse.

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        Try resetting your t-con cables
        Tried it with the TV plugged in, still flickers

Are newer LG sets finally more reliable?

Another video (horizontal lines more visible)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr2aFP0ap90
        Last edited by walterhueston; 10-30-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The flashing could be a bad LED on one of the strips. The lines could have been there before you opened it up or you damaged something taking the panel apart or reassembling it.

Comment

Working...
          X