Samsung PN59D530 Vs PN59D550 Y-Main and X-Main

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN59D530 Vs PN59D550 Y-Main and X-Main

Question for the gurus here. I just picked up a Samsung PN59D530 from a guy on craigslist. He said it shut down a couple times one day and would turn back on. Then on about the 4th or 5th time it made a pop and was dead. Set powers up and has sound he said but no screen glow or picture.

Now, I haven't even gotten it home yet but my hunch would be the Y-Main, Buffers, or both.

Here's the question. I have here at work a PN59D550 that had the screen broken in shipping and is brand new.. The panel sticker number is S58FH-YB06 whereas the the one I want to repair is S58FH-YB07. The Y and X-Mains look different on the two as well as the control and logic boards although all of the jacks match up. The power supply and Y-Buffers are identical. Even though the X and Y Main look different, all the jacks, screws, ect match up with both sets. My question is, if I work on this tonight does anyone think I'd be making a mistake trying the D550 boards in the D530 set if I need one? Also, I would think I should swap both together if I'm going to try it?

Any opinions are appreciated and I posted some generic pictures of each pair of boards off of shopjimmy that are the same as mine. 1st pair is the D530, 2nd pair is the D550.

Thanks,

Aaron
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PN59D530 Vs PN59D550 Y-Main and X-Main

It may be possible, but you will need to swap over the control board and the different sustains at the same time. Do not use the Y-buffer from the broken screen TV as it may be bad.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll check all of the buffers for shorts as well. Maybe I'll luck out and it will just be the power supply. Swapping the control board wouldn't be an option. I could do the logic board but the D550 control board has different inputs and would not allow the back to be used for the D530. And the D550 back was badly damaged along with the screen.

I really do appreciate the advice though and will update with progress later today or tomorrow when I actually get to dig into it. I didn't want to make the mistake of trying something and making things even worse.

Comment

I guess I could at least use the D550 control board with the Y and X main to test stuff if needed. Even though the control board could not remain in place. I'll keep that in mind anyway.

Comment

The control board is the same as the logic board (different name same thing), I think you're thinking of main A/V board.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ah. Ok. Definitely misunderstood. I'll swap them together then. And if the buffer is needed, I'll be sure to check out the broken screen ones for shorts before installing. My gut feeling is that the TV was never plugged in. It was in the original box that I bought with some others and the cord was still wrapped up in the plastic bag.

Not to say someone didn't use another cord.

Thanks again and I'll see how it goes. I have certainly learned a lot here and through trial and error in the last couple years.

Aaron

Comment

Well Tom. The exchanged proved irrelevant. I did however check the boards once I had it running and the were indeed interchangeable. The set with the broken screen did have one bad buffer board which I discarded.

As far as the fault on the D530, it was simply a cracked solder joint where the main power comes in. I touched it with the iron and all is golden. Pictures is just of one of my sons SD shows but it's brilliant with a Blu-Ray.

Thanks as always for the advice. I spent $200 on this one which is more than I will typically go. However, this is a large 1080p set and I felt good about the fix. Not to mention the set is absolutely flawless cosmetically.

Much appreciated,

Aaron
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one, enjoy the TV. I actually wouldn't mind keeping one of these myself, it looks decently well made.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Nice one, enjoy the TV. I actually wouldn't mind keeping one of these myself, it looks decently well made.
                  Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
                  Question for the gurus here. I just picked up a Samsung PN59D530 from a guy on craigslist. He said it shut down a couple times one day and would turn back on. Then on about the 4th or 5th time it made a pop and was dead. Set powers up and has sound he said but no screen glow or picture.

Now, I haven't even gotten it home yet but my hunch would be the Y-Main, Buffers, or both.

Here's the question. I have here at work a PN59D550 that had the screen broken in shipping and is brand new.. The panel sticker number is S58FH-YB06 whereas the the one I want to repair is S58FH-YB07. The Y and X-Mains look different on the two as well as the control and logic boards although all of the jacks match up. The power supply and Y-Buffers are identical. Even though the X and Y Main look different, all the jacks, screws, ect match up with both sets. My question is, if I work on this tonight does anyone think I'd be making a mistake trying the D550 boards in the D530 set if I need one? Also, I would think I should swap both together if I'm going to try it?

Any opinions are appreciated and I posted some generic pictures of each pair of boards off of shopjimmy that are the same as mine. 1st pair is the D530, 2nd pair is the D550.

Thanks,

Aaron
                  Hi there, I wanted to revive this old thread and had a question pertaining to exactly these models. If I have a 550 with cracked screen, then can I use the Main Board (HDMI inputs, etc) and the Power Supply board from this unit on a 530, even if the burnt 530 board is different but has the same connectors?

I was also planning to use the back cover of the 550 on the 530 since the Main boards have different inputs physically.

Just in case I have attached pictures of the 550 and 530 Main Boards from ShopJimmy.

Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bump!

Anyone?

Comment

Only one way to know for sure, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                        Only one way to know for sure, go for it.

Thanks for the reply, but I do not want to waste money buying something if u can't use it for sure and I don't want to risk damage to the boards if there is an incompatibility.

Might anyone know the answer to the puzzle?

Comment

Working...
                        X