Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake RJP30H1DPD from UTsource? (PS43D450 repair)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake RJP30H1DPD from UTsource? (PS43D450 repair)

I'm repairing a PS43D450A2W (Samsung 43" PDP)

The set now turns on and shows a picture but it's really underdiffused. That is to say, very dim, it pulls 70 watts under full white when it should be 250-300W for a set like this. It has a lot of dim pixels and the white, red and blue test patterns are uneven. With a scope, I have checked the sustain outputs and while they are swinging correctly they look "slower" than I'd expect.

After I added another parallel set of IGBTs in the empty spots the picture got a little better...but still not great, only pulling 85W from the wall. I've repaired a Pioneer set before with poor image performance caused by mis-timed waveforms, I'm thinking that it could be a possibility in this case, but I'm not sure.

The set has run for some time without issues which would seem odd if the devices are fake so I'm not sure.

Anyone had any bad experiences after repair using UTsource IGBTs?

I've got one other area to look into as there's a chance it could be a Set-UP ramp problem but I'm not certain.
    Last edited by tom66; 11-05-2017, 10:19 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Fake RJP30H1DPD from UTsource? (PS43D450 repair)

Never got any problem with UTSource components so far !

Comment

Don't use them anymore afterthe slab of 50 30F131 I got and have them duck and weave on refunding which they never did.

I doubt that's the problem though but if these are SMD then if you have any scrap boards you could use quit a few other originals like 30F131 or RJP30H2 or even the smaller FGD4536 but likely out of production and exhausted now.

No open resistors hiding

Comment

Strangely, I put some 30F131s in the set and they popped right away. Just like that.

Found a similar R1.8 x-main for £8, I've found an old post of mine where it was used successfully (this set uses R1.6). The ER inductor is different and there's a power resistor in place of an inductor-diode boost circuit, so we'll have to see if it works.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Strangely, I put some 30F131s in the set and they popped right away. Just like that.

Found a similar R1.8 x-main for £8, I've found an old post of mine where it was used successfully (this set uses R1.6). The ER inductor is different and there's a power resistor in place of an inductor-diode boost circuit, so we'll have to see if it works.
          new 30f131 or recycled factory originals?

Comment

Got them a while ago from Alastair on this forum, and used them in my 42U30B which has been working for going on for two years now.

Might have just been a duff one or two - it's hard to tell sometimes!

Comment

I clean every part with aceton....if the markings disappear i throw them away lol. I also had bad 30F131/RJP30H2A from utsource.
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I got some bad parts from UTSource once upon a time as well.

Comment

Working...
                X