Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo P52 20M9 BIOS needed

Hello
    I am in need of a BIOS dump for a Lenovo P52 with Xeon CPU and NVIDIA graphics
    The model Number is 20M9-CTO1WW
    The computer was force shutdown while an X86_64 port of Android was booting, and the machine did not restart after. I suspect firmware corruption as the CPU power rails look okay

Thanks!
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: Lenovo P52 BIOS needed

That should still be under warranty.
    Get Lenovo to fix it. BIOS is not supposed to get corrupt merely by shutting down while it's booting an OS. (if it was performing a BIOS update that's something else though)
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      That should still be under warranty.
      Get Lenovo to fix it. BIOS is not supposed to get corrupt merely by shutting down while it's booting an OS. (if it was performing a BIOS update that's something else though)
      It is out of warranty as of 10/19, sadly
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Ah… Sorry I assumed it came with 3 years base warranty as all Thinkpads in Europe but I guess that's not the case in the USA. Really worth it to have more than 1 year warranty on such a high value product.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Can you post your bios backup .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Waiting on an spi programmer to arrive right now, but I will post after I have it dumped

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

https://mega.nz/#!I8snwYaZ!e-kttFLMs...gIL3Br9iyyFLqA

P52-MMX25L25.bin is the main BIOS chip

P52_W25Q80.bin is the other small flash chip. Was connected upside down at first, so may have been damaged and the dump may be bad.

Thanks!

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Try this bios, i`m unsure it will work though,can`t find a working bios dump to compare with.
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Unfortunately no change.

I'm starting to suspect the CPU itself has failed as well.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

get in touch with lenovo and ask them if they`ll fix it for you,for free,there`s a major problem with the ME firmware updates on these

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...4347463/page/7

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...E/ta-p/4422995

Comment

Another bios for you to try. I copied the ME firmware from the RecoverDisabledPlatform_12.0.35.1427_v2 folder, (downloaded from the second link above) into your bios, there`s no more error messages now from MEAnalyzer .
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-28-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Another bios for you to try. I copied the ME firmware from the RecoverDisabledPlatform_12.0.35.1427_v2 folder, (downloaded from the second link above) into your bios, there`s no more error messages now from MEAnalyzer .
                        Not even a fan spin with this one...

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

last try .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another bios to try .
                            Attached Files

Comment

No dice on either one

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                              X