• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks, DIY electronic newbie here

Comment

Hi.
      I've been Support desk/IT/& PC tech but never had much low level board repair experience. Looking to address that and be less wasteful.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
        This is Awais. Electronics is my hobby as well as my trade.
        Hope to spend good time on this forum.
        Regards,

Comment

My Name is Kurt.

Nice to meet you. I am here, because i need help with My HP elitebook 840 g1. I have forgotten the BIOS password.

Comment

Hi people!
            It's a pleasure to be in this forum.
            I really like the electronics and I like to repair everything, understanding the function. It's a hobby for me but I spend a lot of time.
            Greetings.

Comment

hi all

Comment

I've been a tinkerer for over 50 years. I just found this site, because I'm so lame on the computer. :-)

Comment

Hello,
                  Im a hobbyist and glad to be a member here.

Comment

Very new to this forum! Found it accidently while searching for info on an LCD monitor which I am busy repairing. I am an Electrical Technician by profession for over 30 years and do repairs on LCD monitors, arcade game monitors and switched mode power supplies in my free time. I have worked on just about everything from analogue and digital electronics to 33kv switchgear. I also tinker around with the Arduino boards, micro controllers and PCB design. I'm hooked on technology! My home PC is an AMD 64 bit around 7 years old which still works perfectly - operating system Ubuntu Linux 18.04. CAD packages which I use - Kicad, Eagle, GEDA and Draftsight which is the equivalent of AutoCad. All free packages!

Test equipment which I own - Rigol DS1052D digital oscilloscope, Matrix analogue oscilloscope, Toptronic 850 digital multimeter, electronic load tester for testing power supplies under load, capacitance meter, test pattern generator and an LCD test tool for testing LCD panels. I also have a hot air station and a Magnum Soldering iron.

I think that just about covers it all!

Comment

Hello,
                      My name is Liviu and i own a electronics/IT service shop.I am happy to be a member of this community.

Hi to all.

Comment

hi guys, I'm an apprentice electrician (first year) and stumbled across this forum while searching for solutions to my plasma tv issues.

Comment

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I'm a help desk agent (contractor) and have a big computer collection. I came across this forum while searching for solutions to my ASUS X54C laptop issues: power cycles on, off, on, off, on, off, full on at either cold boot, OS reboot, or after saving changes to the BIOS.

Comment

Hello everyone! Stumbled upon this board by accident I got caught up in the interesting threads

Comment

Hello to all! Also found this board by accident. My name is Roy, a tinkerer, Electronics Hobbyist, Ham Radio Op. 73 to all....

Comment

HI there,

My names Russ and I am a Software Engineer in the UK.

Stared work life as an electronics engineer on radar systems and moved over to software in 1989. Spent the last 22 years working on aircraft software.

In my spare time I am into repairing/restoring 8 bit computers and vintage hi-fi.

My first computer was a ZX81 and I now have a large collection of 8 bit computers as well as a nice PC setup which I use for VR..

Many thanks

BP.

Comment

Hi all,
                                  I am new here, lets introduce myself.
                                  Age 36, electrical engineer, without any clue of electronics, as I have an ordinary office job. Still, I am very into trying out new stuff. New stuff right now is computers. In general, the component level of computers and servers, networks and the operating systems. In all these fields I am humbeling around and doing many stupid newbie mistakes ...but somehow I enjoy the spent time.
                                  So, thats it in short.
                                  Best regards,
                                  Goran

Comment

Hello,
                                    Im a newbe and glad to be a member here.

Comment

Hello Everyone. I'm Jaime Rdz and I'm studying Mechatronics in Mexico. Yep I'm mexican. My english is not entirely good so I apologies right away for that. Recently I started being interested on repairing all kind of things and that's why I join this website, to get all the knowledge I can, if you don' bother helping me with that. And of course, I'll pass on all I learn to others. Thankfully right now I have the basics on electronics, so I know enough to continue learning from here.

Comment

Hello! 29yo tinkerer here, love to fix things, build computers, fix old audio equipment etc.

Came here because my LG plasma recently went out and the cap that I saw many people here posting about did not fix my issue so coming to try to diagnose the problem further to see if it is worth fixing.

Thanks!

Comment

hello all. Like the majority, I have come here because of a tv problem. I was given a 52" samsung tv, that seems to have red static in black areas, so came here to see if their is anyone else who dealt with this type of problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X