Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all, new to Plasmas, could really use some input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, new to Plasmas, could really use some input!

TOSHIBA 42HP66 PLASMA 8 Yrs old
    All voltages off power supply read good.

Don't know if it was a slow fail or a quick one. TV was given to me and I would really like to fix it for myself.

Overall dim picture, with solid black irregular smears, that move from right to left within the first 5 minutes but never completely go away.
    Good sound, and does not seem to have any digital issues, responds well to menu options. Turns right on. Power supply sure seems fine.

Does this sound like a panel issue? If you think it may be a board, please direct me to where it is located, (plasma newbie issue again).

VERY experienced in electronics, (Electrical Engineer with all the equipment) just new to Plasmas.
    THANKS!
    Attached Files

Re: Hi all, new to Plasmas, could really use some input!

Did you do as I asked and measure the voltages yesterday....?

There's no point in starting yet another thread--On the SAME SET with The SAME FAULT!!
    with no additional Information!

Check Vs, Va, VZBias, VSC etc,--in fact, All the voltages you can see marked on the panel-sticker, and tell us!

--If you're very experienced in Electronics, You'll Know that we cant do much without that sort of information! Its like saying,--My car stopped running, Why?
    Last edited by Alastair E; 09-26-2014, 09:12 AM.
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yes sir, I did respond to your request for voltages yesterday, and today.
      A lack of response made me re-post.
      Please lighten -up, I'm not here to get on your nerves, just to get some help.
      I have helped others on this site as well. It just has been awhile since my last visit.

Comment

In case you did not read my response this time as well.
        I said the voltages were ALL good. Just as written on the sticker you mentioned.
        Yeah I saw that to. I didn't give the numbers, because they matched the ratings.

Comment

So despite the info I've given,
          1)all voltages good
          2) make and model
          3) picture of problem
          4) picture of chassis
          5) description of problem
          6) description of my experience and tools at hand

Your only response is to complain about what you have misread.

Thanks for the help Alastair E!

Comment

Ah,--See....?

Thats what happens when you post Multiple Threads on the same issues--It Gets Missed!

So, Have you a scope...? I suggest checking the drive waveforms on Y-SUS and X-SUS boards. Compare with those found in the Training or Service-Manuals for that chassis.

With all voltages as correct, you may have a Panel fault (Probable by the look of it) or possibly a distorted drive waveform to the panel.
            TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Looks like a Z-sustain fault to me. Panel is probably OK.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the input, and the lik to the service manuals,
                Now I can get started T-shooting.

Comment

If your a smoking hot babe I don't think your working on a TVs.

If it's a weak picture it's ether the Z or Y SUS board or maybe both.

Check the fuses on the boards.
                  Dan "TV Tinkerer"

Comment

And as we all know Tom is the expert.
                    Thanks Tom for all your help, It's very appreciated.
                    Dan "TV Tinkerer"

Comment

120volts: I'm sorry if I don't meet your expectations on what I should look like before I try fixing my own TV. How trite.
                      You don't mind if I give it a shot anyway do you?

Comment

PDP 42X3 chassis, Z-SUS IPM failure. Scoping will confirm, Look for square-wave at test-point.
                        Last edited by Alastair E; 09-27-2014, 04:19 AM.
                        TELEFIX

Comment

as there seems to be a consensus on the ZSUS, I went to the manual to check on the ZSUS signals, and it is the only board there is no schematic for.

I did check all 3 fuses on that board, and they are good.
                          If the ZSUS was bad, would it also cause a very dim picture?

I am thinking of just doing a board swap, as there is no info on the board.
                          Thanks for your replies.

Comment

There will be no schematics for any parts made by LG (as the Panel Module manufacturer) with the possible exception of the power supply board.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                            X