Toshiba 40L1333B blinking red/green power indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 40L1333B blinking red/green power indicator

Thanks a lot, potentially saving me plenty of £££ here!

Comment

I cannot guarantee it, but it LOOKS like this manufacturer uses similar parts in their TV:
      http://nsi-el.dk/software/
      Download MB9X file with product code "40LED6005" you may have to try both files to see which works.

Note: I recommend editing usb_auto_update_A1.txt and commenting out the mboot stuff (prefix "#" on line) as the mboot is probably intact, and corrupting this will remove the one life-line you have (if corrupted, you would have to desolder mboot flash and flash it out of the TV, which requires equipment and soldering skills) - example:
      Code:
      #mboot
      #For pure mboot.bin upgrade, use below part
      #fatload usb 0:1 80400000 mboot.bin
      #spi_wrc 0x80400000 0x00000000 0x0120000
      Only issues - the Freeview will probably NOT work - as this is a Danish company - and I can't guarantee it'll support English language...

You MAY be able to then upgrade firmware using the Toshiba procedure later, to convert it back into a "Toshiba"...
      Last edited by tom66; 04-22-2015, 02:18 PM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So if the Freeview fails the update from Toshiba would probably fix it?

I can code so I've commented out the mboot stuff, cheers for the tips and help!

Giving it a shot now, I'll let you know how I get on. I'm right in saying I need to hold OK on the remote control, right?

Comment

Just realised, got a spare freeview box upstairs.

Currently upgrading, hope this works, thanks for your help!

Comment

Although this sounds impatient, anyone have an idea on how long this thing takes? It's been on for almost twenty mins, still flashing really quick.

Comment

100MB file, could take a while I guess but 20min sounds too long...
              No penalty pulling out USB now, as long as mboot is not replaced, it will only leave it in the original condition. It's possible that it doesn't like that file.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Would replacing the mb90_en.bin file from nsi-el with the Toshiba one make a difference? I've since pulled the memory key and switched power off and back on. Issue persists.

Comment

Worth a try...
                  As long as you don't touch mboot you can't make it worse AFAIK... so it's worth trying whatever files you can.
                  Rename file to same name, though.

Comment

Same again. Assuming this is bricked then?

Comment

It looks like it will be a difficult fix unfortunately.
                      You could try looking at the UART output, if you have an RS232 cable for a PC.
                      That might inform as to where it is having difficulty.
                      I know you can open the image files as SquashFS partitions and fix things.
                      Maybe too much work for this "Toshiba" Vestel junk.

Comment

Hi Dheano. Sorry to jump on your post, but I have exactly the same problem and wondered whether you eventually found a fix?

Regards
                        Les

Comment

Originally posted by Dheano View Post
                          Same again. Assuming this is bricked then?
                          Hi,
                          Did you managed to fix it?

Comment

He couldn't be arsed to update the thread which pisses everyone off. The fix replace the main board or buy the firmware kit off Ohm supplies for the Tv or if you have the tools and equipment read the old firmware flash off the old SPI Ic get an new Ic and reflash the firmware to that.
                            Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-23-2016, 09:37 AM.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                              He couldn't be arsed to update the thread which pisses everyone off. The fix replace the main board or buy the firmware kit off Ohm supplies for the Tv or if you have the tools and equipment read the old firmware flash off the old SPI Ic get an new Ic and reflash the firmware to that.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Did anyone ever find the correct firmware to fix this issue i have a 40L1333B blinking red/green power indicator fault ?
                                also would the firmware from ohm supplies work ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
                                  Did anyone ever find the correct firmware to fix this issue i have a 40L1333B blinking red/green power indicator fault ?
                                  also would the firmware from ohm supplies work ?

thanks
                                  Check through here mate I know theres some on here. Also maybe replace the Ic in the 17mb95 repair kit on ebay too.
                                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Whats the difference with 40L1333DB and 40L1333B because ive just tried updating firmware with a 40L1333B but mine is a 40L1333DB and now i have no flashing standby

Comment

Its the same and sounds like you updated it wrong You have to do it specifically as I stated in my other threads about these. Also only difference is the Lcd panels mate, B uses Samsung Lcd and backlight module and DB uses Samsung lcd and Vestel backlight module the firmware will be the same though panel info might be off but that is fixable. You updated it wrong likely
                                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-24-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this thread but I have a very similar problem. Whenever I turn on my tv with the remote it will flash green and red 5 or 6 times before staying red. If I press the power button on my remote again the same will happen but it will stay green. And it will continue like that. Prior to this there were no problems with the tv. Now it will just stay completely black at all times. I have tried leaving the tv off for varying amounts of time before powering up again: one minute, one hour, overnight. I have tried a couple of variations on the bootloader and firmware updates listed earlier in the thread.
                                        Does anyone have any other ideas as to what to try? If this is indicating a hardware fault - any ideas as to what to check out?
                                        Thanks for any suggestions you guys might have.

Comment

You could try doing a firmware update. Information and files available from
                                          http://www.dl.toshiba.com/dtv/NA/GB/EN/40L1333B.html
                                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                                          X