Insignia NS-50D550NA15 No Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-50D550NA15 No Backlight

Hey guys!! I have an Insignia LED tv that has no backlight. TV turns on and displays an image, witnessed with a flashlight. I have the SJ LED tester. I disconnected the single LED connection at the power supply and used the tester to try and get the array to turn on. There is only a red and a white wire at the connection. I put my red probe to red wire and black probe to white wire and the array doesn't light up. I did other way to test and same result. I took the panel completely apart and tested each individual strip and found that one strip was bad. I ordered the array from SJ and installed. Put the whole panel back together and retested. Same result, no backlight. I tested DC voltage across the pos and neg LED connector and got 400v when on. Power supply shows 200v output. Is it possible that the power supply has over voltage to the led array and that is why the backlight won't come on, or is the 400v mean an open LED circuit? When I installed the new strips, I tested each strip with the SJ led tool and they all lit up individually. These LED strips have the red wire and white going to one strip then the red wire goes to each of the other strips.

Re: Insignia NS-50D550NA15 No Backlight

What voltage did your tester show when connected? What do you mean by (Power supply shows 200v output)?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

When I plug the tester into the wall socket it shows 300v. When I put the probes into the connector, the voltage readout doesn't change.

The printing on the power supply shows its rated at 200v output.

I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with the wiring from connector across all led strips. Regardless, if all led strips are good individually then upon connecting them to the wiring, I should be able to get the array to power up I would think with the tester. Currently baffled. I was really hoping that I didn't have to disassemble the whole panel again but its looking like I'm going to have to.

Comment

You have an open somewhere. Connectors. Tester should drop down around 200v.

Comment

I had one of these recently. All of the LEDs were fine when tested one strip at a time. I damaged the screen getting into the panel so I can't say what the fix was. I doubt it was the LEDs.

Comment

The connectors at the strip are so damn weak its not funny. Maybe I bent one of the strip wires in the connector trying to connect them. I'll be taking back apart soon.

Comment

You may have to solder jumpers around all the connectors.

Comment

Well, I took the tv apart again tonight and discovered that one of the strips connections was "burnt" or at least discolored in comparison to the rest so I knew that wasn't right. I used my tester and was able to light up the whole array if I probed pos and neg on each side of the bad strip. I put one of the old strips that worked in this one's place and retested the array. I was able to get the whole array to light up with my tester. Tested from the power supply connector and the whole array lit up. At this point I was feeling excited. Put the tv back together and turned on the tv. It powered on and lit up the screen!! Sweet!! In the corner I noticed what appeared to be a pressure point. You know how an lcd screen looks like when you push your finger on it?? Well I must not have had the panel completely seated in the plastic surround becuase that pressure point ended up cracking the screen. :*(

Pissed off at this point, but now I know what happened. Thanks for the help guys!!

Comment

Working...
                X