LG lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG lines

Hi what can anyone tell me about the screen,panel or is it a tcon issue,i have cleaned connecting ribbon but no change.
    Attached Files

Re: LG lines

Looks like tab bond on panel
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Death by windex? Look at ribbons coming out of panel at bottom,look closely at them where the lines are. Corrosion on them?
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

windex ? from the panel to the tcon ok,even cleaned ! could it be the tab bond,where do i buy replacement bonding ? not sure the panel even comes apart.

Comment

Basically not repairable
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

you answer is contradicting ? first off its ribbon bond then not repairable.

Comment

Ribbon bonds aren't repairable without multi-thousand dollar machines. No contradiction at all.

Comment

That's not a contradiction. Not all ribbon bond failures are repairable. Generally only those between the ribbon and PCB are. Those between the ribbon and panel are essentially not repairable unless you have an LCD panel rebond jig...not going to happen.

too long didn't read - panel's fucked.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by LEEDASH View Post
                  windex ? from the panel to the tcon ok,even cleaned ! could it be the tab bond,where do i buy replacement bonding ? not sure the panel even comes apart.
                  Didn't see the photo with the lines down. Post deleted.

Comment

say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      Didn't see the photo with the lines down. Post deleted.
                      Could still be caused by Windex!
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Death by windex(household product people use to clean glass surfaces),might have a different name in your knack of the woods,is an expression used by many of us here .
                        What it means is that when people clean their tv screen with a product like windex or any other liquid type cleaner,that in the process of doing that fluid can run down the panel and hang like drops off the bottom of the panel,inside the tv,right where the ribbon cables come out of the panel. Over time this can cause damage to those ribbons.
                        Hope that gives you a better idea of what I was trying to say.
                        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Liquid can run down the screen and cables and sit in the connectors and corrode the contacts.
                          I have been lucky and been able to repair a couple in the past by soldering in fine wires direct to the soldered pins on the ffc sockets.
                          I've also see it destroy tab bonds.
                          Only way know for sure is to strip the panel down.

Comment

Working...
                          X