Samsung plasma PN51D550 "red mist" pixels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung plasma PN51D550 "red mist" pixels

I realize that this is an old post but I have used this thread as a help in repairing my TV (PN51D550 with about 7000hrs) with the same issue. I replaced the X-Main board (The initial issue was "no power on"...)but it turned out to be a worse board than the original so I replaced the shorted components (mainly MosFETs) on the original X-Main board , but was left with the Red Sparkles issue. In the end I also raised the Vs voltage from the specified 203 V to 207 V. So far so good.

Comment

I also need to raise my vs voltage on my samsung 51d530 plasma tv. I have a digital multimeter. I´m assuming I need to do this with the set turned on. How dangerous is it to adjust and test vs voltage with the tv on? I read on some websites that it is easy to die from electrocution while do this? Is it really that dangerous?

Randolph

Comment

You can't see it or smell it but you can feel it and yes it does kill so every safety measure and experience comes into play when working on live equipment.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

It as that dangerous even here in the USA where line voltage is only 110Volts?
          If so maybe i´ll hire an electrician to come to the house and do it for me. Where I live we don´t have tv repair people.

Cheers,
          Randolph

Comment

Have a read through this article. There are many on the internet you could find to read up on.
            I would agree with you that if you have little to no knowledge of electrical circuitry that it would make sense to seek suitable assistance.
            Out of curiosity where in the US is Greenville. Several pop up on the map.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tex...ohms-law-again
            Last edited by dick_barton; 02-13-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I´ll take a look.

I am in Greenville South Carolina. It is 2 hours north east of Atlanta. I´m from New york city originally, but moved here after living in Madrid for almost a decade.
              Last edited by momola; 02-13-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Looks like a lovely area to live in but really cold in winter looking at the photos on google map.

Comment

Red mist Samsung plasma PN42C450 series

Thank you for this thread!

I raised the Vs from 207 to 209 volts and the red mist disappeared.

Coming from ancient of times when purity had to be set on a CRT, I was happy to see the red, blue and green purity were perfect.

However, on a white test screen the raster looked like a rainbow!

When watching the TV, everything looks great, including white backgrounds.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by reeferman; 04-14-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X