Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN55J6200AFXZA Lost picture and sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55J6200AFXZA Lost picture and sound.

Some red, blue, green color lingered near the center of the screen for two seconds. Fuse on power board OK. Replaced power board and it did not solve my problem. Did flashlight test and I can see an image on the screen. What else beside power board could cause loss of picture and sound at the same time?

Re: Samsung UN55J6200AFXZA Lost picture and sound.

If you have no backlights, you likely have bad backlights. https://techhometravel.com/lg-ln-ser...ed-backlights/

Comment

Would the sound fail at the same time the back light fails?

Comment

You need to fix one problem at a time. Audio is totally unrelated to the backlights. There are a lot of reasons for no sound - volume set to 0, muted, wrong input, audio set to external. You need to get the backlights working first.

First test for Samsungs is to disconnect the cable between the main and power supply boards and plug the TV in. Backlights should come on.

Comment

Some red, blue, green color lingered near the center of the screen for two seconds
          can you tell me in other words?

Comment

neilc6-- Thanks for the insights. Backlights do not come on when main board is disconnected from power board. I get the same result with original powerboard and the replacement power board I ordered. You stated audio and back lights are unrelated but because both audio and backlights went out at the same instant after TV was on for half an hour, I tend to think that it was only one thing which failed in that instant. I checked to make sure it was not a failure of wall current to the TV.

Comment

Davi.p-- The color which lingered near the center of the screen very briefly reminded me of three paisley or tear drop shapes wrapped around each other.

Comment

Test the voltages at the connector on the powerboard with EVERYTHING hooked up, it's the connector that the cable from powerboard to mainboard hooks into, most times there's a legend/map nearby that gives the expected voltages, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts.

Comment

Are you getting voltage on CNM803 pins?
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-14-2021, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Check the voltage on J832.

Comment

Mmmmh, i don't know the word lingered but clearly you are trying to describe me the start of an animated logo at power up. But protection takes place because of a led lamp problem. You can build a very primitive B.L. tester with a diode bridge, a cable, a power resistor or some. YTube is full of those schemes. So you can test the strips without open screen, by the first, then you dismantle it if BL is KO

Comment

At CNM803, I can access pins 1,3,5,7,9. On standby, pins 1,3,5,7 read 11.15 volts. Pin 9 reads zero. With TV powered on, pins 1,3,5,7 read 12.76 volts and pin 9 reads zero. At J832, I read 11.15 volts in standby and 12.76 with TV on.

Comment

Very carefully check the voltage of CP810S, meter set to 600 vdc, careful what you touch this is the HOT/DEADLY side of the powerboard, with a probe on each leg what voltage do you get? Check it in standby which is powered off and when powered on, when powered on should prolly be around 400 volts if this checks ok, next I would take powerboard out and inspect the solder joints real closely and re-flow any that look suspect, google images is your friend for how bad joints look if needed. Thats just 2 easy tests, it probably is bad backlight/s, be very careful if you have to tear it down to backlights these sammy UN models are tricky, watch a least a few how to youtube videos to get the gist of it, oh and the panels are VERY flimsy and easy to break too.
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-15-2021, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I checked voltage at CP810S on both the old power board and the replacement power board I installed. Voltage for both boards was about the same 165 on standby and 390 when powered on. I did not see any suspect solder joints. If it is a backlight problem, would failure of one LED make all of them go out? Would backlight failure cause the loss of sound at the same instant? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X