Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-01041 right fan full blow

Hello,

Liquid was spilled on this A1990 15" 2018 MacBook Pro and it faced power on issues;

C8153, C8152, U8250 and C8250 all had liquid and corrosion all over them..

I replaced C8153, C8152 and C8250 successfully.. I pulled U8250 out and gave it a proper cleanup and returned onto the board. (don't have this chip at hand)

The computer thankfully turned on successfully but it suffered from full fan RPM on both fans randomly.. I looked deeper into it and found that the fan connectors on the keyboard are HEAVILY corroded so I ordered a keyboard for it and I just installed yesterday.. when I turned on the computer for checkup the right fan is stuck at full speed while the left is now normal..
    I used Macs Fan Control to see if I can control that fan but it failed and for some reason it should the fan running at 0 RPM while it's being at its fullest..
    I used a A1707 right fan to test but it was the same..

PP3V3_G3H_T is present at 3.3v
    PP3V3_G3SSW_SNS is present at 3.3v
    SENSOR_PWR_EN is present at 1.8v

I'm stuck now.. help?

Re: 820-01041 right fan full blow

Update: noticed that CA355 was not connecting to ground (it was moved) I reseated it but still same issue..

What's weird is that right fan keeps blowing even if the computer is asleep or shutdown.
    Last edited by iMuhtaseb; 04-13-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Re: 820-01041 right fan full blow

That is strange... The fans get power from the PP5v0_S5 rail, which should be off if the computer has not started up. Check to make sure that someone hasn't wired it to the wrong bus. Also check the power rails to make sure they are up in the correct order.

Comment

Working...
      X