Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm and idiot. I tried to transfer my Firmware Chip. Maybe Fried It. Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm and idiot. I tried to transfer my Firmware Chip. Maybe Fried It. Now What?

Send it to some proper professionals like Ontrack.

Comment

Re: I'm and idiot. I tried to transfer my Firmware Chip. Maybe Fried It. Now What?

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Send it to some proper professionals like Ontrack.
      Yea, I have been talking to them via email. I have one more shot with this bios and pros programing it or something. However, if this doesn't work out, looks like I will have to send this drive out to Ontrack, or another recovery service.

However, I will still have to decide if this data is even worth that.

Comment

Well, looks like this is where my journey ends. For everyone that has been thoughtful and kind. Thank you. Looks like with the unexpected crash of this hard drive and the mistakes that I have made, I will not be able to retrieve this data. I will hold onto this drive-in case technology changes in the future or if I become independently wealthy and can afford a “professional recovery service”.

To all the negative people out there. Humans are human. We make mistakes even when we know better. My father has been in computers for over 50+ years in the military. I know a lot about computers and backups. Life got in the way. I have a lot going on right now and the last thing I need is smart aleck comments about backing up data.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and wish all of you the best of success in life.

Comment

fzabkar said:
          I found the problem. There is a stuck bit at this location:

Code:

Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00025C10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00
          ^^

When I change the 8 to a 0, the CRC becomes 0x0000.

F3RomExplorer is happy with the edit. If you can reprogram your ROM after making the change, then hopefully you will recover your data.

I use HxD (freeware hex editor).

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...80%A6.3699522/

FZABKAR

OH MY GOODNESS! YOU ARE AMAZING! YOU DID IT! PRAISE GOD! YOU ARE A SAINT!

2.82 TB - 3,106,287,262,945 BYTES - 748,329 FILES, 57,259 FOLDERS

TAKING (1) DAY TO COPY! IT'S COPYING RIGHT NOW!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS TO ME! THIS WAS MY MAIN BACKUP DRIVE THAT I BACKED EVERYTHING UP TO RIGHT BEFORE IT DIED. I WAS MOVING STUFF AROUND AND PICKED THIS DRIVE TO BACKUP STUFF TOO. I WAS GOING TO ORGANIZE EVERYTHING WHEN I PLUGGED IT IN AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT WAS GONE.

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Comment

fzabkar is an amazing guy for sure!
            He usually hangs out at the hddguru forums.
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

That's a nice forum Per Hansson

Thanks for bringing it to my attention
              Follow me on YouTube
              ------------------
              Learn Electronics Repair
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

http://www.hddoracle.com/ is another dicky.

Comment

Thank you diif

hddoracle Bookmarked.

hddguru I registered to look around but didn't post anything yet
                  Follow me on YouTube
                  ------------------
                  Learn Electronics Repair
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
                  X