X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

^^^^^^
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
      ^^^^^^
      Sorry sir, those were pine nuts not cashews I'm afraid that's not under warranty.

Comment

I guess we need a "Your Favorite Nuts" thread. Okay, perhaps with a different title if you like . Any takers?

Comment

Re: Your Best Dumpster Finds

Same dumpser where I found the TV above and pulled the boards...
          This time, a Gateway GT5656 desktop computer. Looked a bit dirty and was rained on, but other than that, it seems intact and maybe even works (haven't tried it yet, but the board needs washing as who knows what could have ended up on it with the rain - that dumpster get all sorts of contractor garbage, including small wires and whatnot).
          Specs (going by side of the case):
          ECS MCP61SM-AM socket AM2 motherboard
          Athlon X2 6000+
          3 GB of DDR2 RAM
          500 GB HDD
          DVD drive with lightscribe
          universal card reader
          Delta Electronics 300W power supply (this wasn't written on the case, but it's the first thing I checked myself )

If it works, it would make a nice computer.
          Originally, I went to that dumpster to see if there was any scrap wood (there was, but most had spoiled food and trash all over it).
          Last edited by momaka; 09-06-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Bought for $5 off someone I know:
            Soundcraft EPM-8
            Denon DN-C615
            Gemini CD-100
            Bose 800 speakers (no original amp or anything - I'll probably sell them for $25 or so)
            B&K Model 500 Tube Tester
            and a 486 DX4 luggable identical to a Dolch PAC-486.

Comment

Top finds I'd say was a 22" LCD with a Dell E510 tower sitting by a garbage can in my neighborhood. The monitor had a few bad caps as well as the power supply on the tower. After repairs, I had a new PC setup!

Comment

back a few years ago bought a 60 inch sony projection tv that supposedly just needed a lamp for $50 from someone on craigslist. so i ordered the lamp and went to put it in and turned the tv on. what to my suprise blue speckles all over the screen. called the guy that i bought it from he basically said its your problem now. called sony to ask them about it and they said to stop using the tv as it had been recalled about the ballast for the lamp getting to hot causing melting as well as optical block recall. sony replace the tv with a 60 inch led tv (refurbished) but free. that was my best deal ever

Comment

$15: Sony Fd trinitron KD-30XS955. No remote, cosmetically in C condition. Works otherwise. Good thing I had a truck.
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                    $15: Sony Fd trinitron KD-30XS955. No remote, cosmetically in C condition. Works otherwise. Good thing I had a truck.
                    Niiiice! I bet it has a gorgeous picture. Post some pics? If I found one of those I'd definitely pick it up too, it'd come in handy during the winter 148 lbs. is actually pretty light for that size, I was expecting it to be heavier. What's the manufactured date on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                      Niiiice! I bet it has a gorgeous picture. Post some pics? If I found one of those I'd definitely pick it up too, it'd come in handy during the winter 148 lbs. is actually pretty light for that size, I was expecting it to be heavier. What's the manufactured date on it?
                      Give me a few days. Out of town, hence why I'm glad I took my truck. It was made in 2005, I'll get the exact date laterm
                      sigpic

Comment

if you want to keep it running grab a few mcz3001db ic's before they are extinct.
                        these are the improved part.
                        i sure dont miss fixing these lead boatanchors but if crt is good they are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                          if you want to keep it running grab a few mcz3001db ic's before they are extinct.
                          these are the improved part.
                          i sure dont miss fixing these lead boatanchors but if crt is good they are nice.
                          When I ran it in store, the analog store feed was fuzzy but TBH I think that was more on the store's end. AFAIK The tube is good. Will order some chips.
                          sigpic

Comment

TV pics.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

looks like it had a rough life.
                              hopefully the crt aperture grille didnt get damaged.
                              btw how long does it take to show a pic from turn on?
                              hopefully in about 15 seconds without a long blinking light period.
                              if the crt weak the akb system has a rough time balancing and it takes a long time to light up.

Comment

If it did, it'll have a real pretty rainbow-like picture!!
                                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                Team : 49813
                                Join in!!
                                Team Stats

Comment

looks like it had a rough life.
                                  btw how long does it take to show a pic from turn on?
                                  hopefully in about 15 seconds without a long blinking light period.
                                  if the crt weak the akb system has a rough time balancing and it takes a long time to light up.
                                  I KNOW that part works... iirc it was a few seconds or so.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Picked up this Nak 730 for $3 today, not sure if it works yet but hey, $3.

Also got a Dell U3011, no idea if it works but the power button's missing. Insanely dusty though.

Comment

How is all of THIS for freebies?

Local-ish test equipment supplier had his annual sale and covered the driveway with free stuff. The programmer seems to work fine, the test pattern generator needed a new fuse holder and the multiburst on/off button is broken but the real gems were the test gear.

The HOI-3722A seems to work perfectly fine. It's just an oddball device.
                                      The 8501A storage normalizer (basically a vector framebuffer with an HP-IB port) powers up but will not store anything.
                                      The 1340A display has no power. It seems some of the rectifiers on the power board are dud.
                                      The 8006A word generator works. It just needs a new power button.
                                      The 651B oscillator is slightly out of calibration but otherwise fine.
                                      The 5334A gives inaccurate readings half the time.
                                      The Fluke 8502A/AT multimeter is missing the ohms test module inside and refuses to behave. Lights flash, relays click and random numbers show on the screen.

There's also a Fluke 8860A which does the same thing and it came with a 2020A printer. There was also this:

HP 3960A Magnetic instrument recorder. It seems to run fine but documentations seems to be nonexistant. Also for the heck of it I grabbed this:

It's just a display for IRIG time code. I have absolutely nothing that could use it but the front is already built (Day/hour/minute/seconds) so that if I wanted to I could gut the inside and turn it into a clock that syncs with the WWVB atomic clock in Colorado by a small radio receiver and antenna sticking out the back.
                                      Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

Damn, you scored!
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pentium View Post
                                          It's just a display for IRIG time code. I have absolutely nothing that could use it but the front is already built (Day/hour/minute/seconds) so that if I wanted to I could gut the inside and turn it into a clock that syncs with the WWVB atomic clock in Colorado by a small radio receiver and antenna sticking out the back.
                                          do i hear pings coming our way already?
                                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X