Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell U2410F smudging

Hello,
    I got old monitor and it's smudging a lot.
    Old image is left on black, window frames leave sharp llines...

Is this fixible issue?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell U2410F smudging

This is pretty hard to diagnose since there could be multiple things going on here.

The best information I could find on this problem is ghosting (which is basically a bad refresh rate) and image retention (which is fixed just by having the monitor off for a long time, and it looks a lot messier than this from what I can see).

Now I DID see like 3 similar complaints for this model on the Dell support site, but only 2 of them were solved and they were solved with buying a new monitor.

The closest resemblance I know to this problem is that of a projector with a bad lamp, but I don't think that should have any bearing on an LCD monitor.

How long are you keeping this monitor on? How long does the smudge last?

Comment

Re: Dell U2410F smudging

Originally posted by Offscreen6 View Post
      How long are you keeping this monitor on? How long does the smudge last?
      It was turned on for few years, lets say 8-10 hours a day. Then It was off for about a year.
      The smudges last for few minutes - depending on background, contrast intensity etc.

As I'm thinking about this problem I can imagine that there is an issue with something that should give sharp edge of information on = 1, off=0 but sometimes it stays in almost 1 or almost 0 state, then the matrix does turn the pixel on and off - sth. like button bouncing.

Any idea what should I check first ?

Comment

Working...
      X