Confused about RT8231BGQW pinout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about RT8231BGQW pinout

Hey, I'm looking at a datasheet for RT8231BGQW ( )

and I'm confused about where pin 1 is. The left side pic describes it as a "top view", which I take to mean a view from the top, like a birds eye view, which would make it positioned the same as the right side pics. BUT the left side pic has pin 1 at the top left, and the right set of pics has a dot in the bottom left corner.

I have the chip and I can read the text and see the dot. Is pin 1 on the bottom where I marked the red question mark? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Confused about RT8231BGQW pinout

everything is wrote ok. left pictures is aligned by marking

Comment

Thank you!
      On the detached chip I have, I have continuity between pins 16 (phase) and 17 (ugate). Anyone understand it enough to know if that's incorrect? Those two pins connect to a mosfet that burned up, and I'm wondering if this chip was the cause.

Comment

check highside mosfet for short. remove it and check

Comment

The highside mosft was the one that burned. After removing it, gate and source traces were still shorted, which led me to this chip. This chip had corrosion showing around those pins. I removed it and cleaned it, and wondering if it might still work. I ordered a replacement but it's coming from china. This chip beeps when I have the multimeter set to a continuity test between pins 16 and 17. Does that mean anything? or could it be right or wrong?

Comment

if that short is gome withremoving that chip, than it must be fault in it

Comment

Ahh, got it! Thank you!

Comment

When it's turned off, the MOSFET driver will pull the gate of the high-side MOSFET (connected to UGATE) to its source (connected to PHASE). It can create a low resistance path between these 2 pins.
                In any case, if one MOSFET was dead and there was corrosion, you should of course replace the buck controller.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I figured, but I was tempted to be impatient. Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                  X